Anyone have shocks this long? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anyone have shocks this long?

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-23-2003, 07:31 AM   #1
kdavis

Anyone have shocks this long?

My 94 GC has 135000 on it, and I've never done the shocks. I saw in another post the recommended is 60K, but it runs great, and since I got my rotors replaced, no more wobble on braking. The thing seems tight at the shocks.

Should I consider replacing them or "if it ain't broke..."

Cragar Soft 8's, High Tech Retreading OTR Muds, New Front End
What I Do: MT Web Guy
kdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 07:45 AM   #2
Stocker

Not even close...

I changed mine at 75K. They didn't seem to be bad, but I was noticing that on certain road undulations (one in particular), when fully loaded with people and groceries, there was a little extra float, mostly the rear of the Jeep.

Anyhoo, a set of KYB Gasajusts made it stable and planted again. I think if you replace yours, you will find that the old ones were worse than you realized.
Unread 07-23-2003, 08:01 AM   #3
kdavis

What do the KYB's run? Did you buy them locally?

This GC is my wife's, I drive the wrangler. Is that a good on-road shock?

Thanks.
Cragar Soft 8's, High Tech Retreading OTR Muds, New Front End
What I Do: MT Web Guy
kdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
Stocker

Yeah, mine is actually my wife's daily driver/our family car, stock and only highway driven. (I also have KYBs on my '72 K20.)

I paid $129 for 4, shipping included at http://www.p-s-t.com/ .

They may be about the same at Summit, but I dunno how it works out with shipping, etc.
Unread 07-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #5
KillerZJ

Re: Not even close...

Quote:
Originally posted by Stocker
I changed mine at 75K. They didn't seem to be bad, but I was noticing that on certain road undulations (one in particular), when fully loaded with people and groceries, there was a little extra float, mostly the rear of the Jeep.

Anyhoo, a set of KYB Gasajusts made it stable and planted again. I think if you replace yours, you will find that the old ones were worse than you realized.
same here, except i have 137,000 miles and mine was probobly worse

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
imnotu

how good are those KYB's ? any other brands anyone would recommend (i'm starting to price check thing i knwo i'll need to do by christmas)?

thanks

--luke
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL=Http://zbt.case.edu/myjeep.jpg][COLOR=White][B]White 1995 ZJ[/B][/COLOR][/URL] I6 w/ Selec-Trac, Plush Leather Seats (powered in front), JVC MP3 deck [B](STOLEN)[/B], [URL="http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8HSG1sJ380J/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=113KDCX889"]New Kenwood KDC-X889 Deck[/URL] (Insurance messed up and gave me this instead), [url=http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nZpmrQWOhBc/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=130TSA1680&search=Pioneer+TSA1680R]Pioneer TS-A1680R Speakers[/url], Remote Start, Optima Red Top, 180 Thermostat, Kolak Performance 2.5" exhaust components: (Car Sound high flow converter, Magnaflow large case muffler, mandrel bent tailpipe), 16x8 Rubicon Rims with 245/70 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo Tires, Rancho SS, Mopar Skids all around, Tow hooks front and back, Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks and Clear Corners. [B]149/B], and still going stro... OK My transfer case can a small leak... damnit!.

[URL=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=imnotu001@hotmail.com&item_name=Donations%20for%20a%20Poor%20Kid]Donations are Appreciated[/URL]
[/FONT]
imnotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2003, 09:42 PM   #7
bugman53

my 1994 has 150k on the stock shocks and that are pretty worn out. Time for new ones.
bugman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 06:58 AM   #8
Stocker

Quote:
Originally posted by imnotu how good are those KYB's ?
I'd say they are at least as good as OEM, can't say for sure how long they last cause they've only been on for a few months!

I also have them on my '72 K20 Chevy; just put rears on but fronts have been on for several years. It doesn't get many miles but they are still tight and feel like new.

I believe they are much better than the big fat yellow Monroe Gas Magnums I used to have on the truck.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.