Anyone have Kevin's Off Road ZJ Ultimte BFYB 2.75" lift? (ZJ) - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
KHoff90
1997 ZJ 

Anyone have Kevin's Off Road ZJ Ultimte BFYB 2.75" lift? (ZJ)

I didn't see this posted anywhere on the forum or reviews (sorry if it is), but I just happened to come across this on his site. I was going to get his spacers, but I'm not sure now. This deal looks pretty sweet for what I'm going after! http://www.kevinsoffroadmanufacturin...roducts_id=807

What I was most interested in was the ROH ("run of the house") shocks that come with it. Does anyone have these shocks and if you do how do they ride? I can save ~$350 by getting these shocks instead of the Bilsteins.
But if anyone has this lift, let me know what you guys think! Thanks.

Last edited by KHoff90; 07-14-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 05:13 AM
Jones
Consider the following...

If you're going to spend that much on a BB you might as well spend a little more and get a real lift kit.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFZ
post #3 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 08:04 AM
DjDiddles
2017 KL Cherokee 

I was looking at this kit for my WJ! Looks pretty decent but I was going to get the kit without shock and then I would buy my own! I just looked at the IRO and that is a good kit!! Man I wish the WJ stuff was that cheap!! After looking at both I would do the IRO kit!! Just a little more for the complete package!!!

2017 KL Trailhawk
Colorado Jeep Club #977

post #4 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 08:21 AM
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

That's the same kit Brian recommended I get, but finances keep going to other things so I'm still waiting for a lift. I'm at the point where I almost want to wait and get the Rubicon Express 3.5" lift with all the goodies. But I don't know if I want to go that high, price-wise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
post #5 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 11:05 AM
ubu
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
If you're going to spend that much on a BB you might as well spend a little more and get a real lift kit.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFZ
Is it still considered a BB since it comes with new springs?

I have no experience; just thinking here since I'm also looking into lifts. A 2.75 might be worth looking into considering 3.5 inches is pushing it(from what I understand) for the stock control arms. I don't want to run higher than a 31 inch tire. So, if 2.75 clears them, this might work. It might ride a bit better than a F>R swap with stiff springs and short arms. Although, I'll probably need a new front track bar anyway. So, if that's the case, I'll go with IRO.

Am I thinking right?
post #6 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubu View Post
Is it still considered a BB since it comes with new springs?

I have no experience; just thinking here since I'm also looking into lifts. A 2.75 might be worth looking into considering 3.5 inches is pushing it(from what I understand) for the stock control arms. I don't want to run higher than a 31 inch tire. So, if 2.75 clears them, this might work. It might ride a bit better than a F>R swap with stiff springs and short arms. Although, I'll probably need a new front track bar anyway. So, if that's the case, I'll go with IRO.

Am I thinking right?
No the 3.5" kit is not considered a BB. A BB is a spacer lift kit that goes on top of the stock springs.

3.5" lift is fine for the stock arms and you can run 31" tires with no trimming. If you got a 2" BB and 31's you would have to do a little trimming on the front bumper and maybe the fender as well.

I would not get a BB over 2.25 inches. The BB fits around the spring post and over the coil springs, if the BB is to tall the coil springs will fall out everytime you flex. This is worse in the rear because the sping post is much shorter.

I'd highly recommend the IRO 3.5" lift. That's what I started out with and it was great.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Kolak
Vendor

If you decide to go with the KOR kit, keep in mind that I offer JeepForum members a 5% discount off KOR's direct pricing.

Of course I can also put together a custom kit for you if you so desire.

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
post #8 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
KHoff90
1997 ZJ 

Thanks for the responses everyone!

What I was looking at isn't a BB, it's an actual lift - new coils, etc. I wasn't really looking to go over 3" and this kit looks like something I'm interested in.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Jones

I didn't realise that was a coil spring lift, thought it was a spacer lift. I guess I should read the product before I open my mouth.

I would still recommend the IRO kit.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 PM
theblackbox
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
I didn't realise that was a coil spring lift, thought it was a spacer lift. I guess I should read the product before I open my mouth.

I would still recommend the IRO kit.
just put the 3" IRO lift on my 04 WJ and i love it! still have stock tires on now but that will change soon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.