Anyone else being screwed by VANCO Brakes? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anyone else being screwed by VANCO Brakes?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
worldwidewille

Anyone else being screwed by VANCO Brakes?

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some consult from the board, I purchased Vanco's big brake kit in June. The transaction was a bit concerning. I called to check up on the order and to from the purchased date I was told that it would be shipped on within the week. I called a week later, got the same answer. Called a week later, same answer.... I got that answer all the way til they were delivered the first week of August.

Once I received the brakes kit, they helped with over the phone tech support but here is where I get screwed. The right knuckle is drilled incorrectly for ABS, it's drilled backwards.

I call Vanco, the advise I run without ABS until they could ship me another one.

I am still waiting.... I call periodically, they promise they will call back when they figure things out with their mfg. They dont. I ordered in the Summer and it's now christmas!

When I call, they push me off telling me all the issues they are having with mfg. I dont understand how that's my concern as a customer, I just want the product I paid for.

I feel like i've gone out of my way to be a patient customer but Vanco has taken advantage of it. I asked for some time of compensation for waiting so long and their straight answer was "No."

Has anyone had experience in this area? I purchased with an American Express and before I jump through all those hoops, does anyone have experience making a claim?

Thanks

worldwidewille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

it's a small family ran business. one customer probably doesnt matter to them because there are plenty of suckers out there who will pay them up front. it's pretty obvious from their website that they are sort of podunk.

i would send them a letter stating the situation, and some of the sentiments you expressed in your post. if they refuse to settle to your satisfaction, escalate to BBB or lawyer. the credit card claim is probably the best option.

BTW, google street view shows a for sale sign on the building
ZeeJay1997 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

See if you can PM mrblaine, he knew agood bit about vanco if memory serves.
Unread 12-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
worldwidewille

Thank you both! I've had experiences on many different automotive boards and i'm really liking the support that the ZJ owners group provides. I hope to pay it forward.
Unread 12-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

I have to say this is the first time I've heard about a bad experience with Vanco. They switched to manufacturing their own knuckles recently (instead of modifying existing ones) and perhaps they are having some teething issues with the design. Hopefully they get things sorted out for you.
Unread 12-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

credit card may be a wasted venture, as many limit you to either 90 or 180 days to file a claim, so depending on their policies you may be out of their terms of service limits for them to be able to get any of your money back.

have a lawyer draw up a letter, probably cost you a few bucks but usually an official letter stating legal intent from a lawyer will get their attention and provide a favorable result.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
ChicagoYJ
Yes, I Understand!

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, surprised you're having issues with Vanco. They have a pretty good reputation and are highly recommended on many forums. Hopefully you get your issue resolved. Nothing destroys a companies good reputation faster than mention of bad customer service through word of mouth on forums and social media.
ChicagoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
worldwidewille

That's what I thought, Chicago. I didn't think twice about the transaction. I even gave multiple chances for resolutions. Hell, at this point I would settle for them returning my calls/emails. I waited months before airing their bad business practices to a forum. I am just out of options. The daily orange ABS light is a constant reminder of Vanco's shortcomings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.