Anyone done a 95 with a 96 bumper and fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anyone done a 95 with a 96 bumper and fog lights

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 01-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Outsyd
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone done a 95 with a 96 bumper and fog lights

been doing some searching and I've decided that I want to do a 96 and up front bumper with the fog lights in it on my 95. I know that to go with a 96 bumper with stock fogs, that ill also have to change the grill too.

it looks like it will go, anyone know for sure if it will work?

local JY has about a dozen or so different donors to pick from, hopefully one has the right bumper cover and one has the lights and grill.

Outsyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

It will work,but you have to pull the header panel off a 96-98 in order for the grille to fit properly.
fljeepney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

93 Zj Bumper And Grill Swap... HERE

Grille and bumper cover swap... HERE
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Outsyd
1995 XJ Cherokee 

thanks Korea, I searched but they didnt come up ... I know how it is dealing with the new guy and everything being asked 100 times before..... makes ya wanna slap the newbie and say "READ"
Outsyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
shaynesaw

Any ideas which year has the straight across bumper and the short grille which have the bumper with the dip in the middle and the longer grille?
shaynesaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynesaw View Post
Any ideas which year has the straight across bumper and the short grille which have the bumper with the dip in the middle and the longer grille?
93-95 is the straight across bumper with the 8 slot grille
96-98 is the tall grille with the 7 slot grille.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
jeepinbassist
1995 ZJ 

Idiot PO that wrecked my Jeep rebuilt the front end with 96-98 parts except for the bumper. I hate it because it looks ugly and it's a lot harder to build a custom bumper around the dip.
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #8
shaynesaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey
93-95 is the straight across bumper with the 8 slot grille
96-98 is the tall grille with the 7 slot grille.
Thanks man!
My ZJ was in a front end crash and the dummy before me did the same thing but the opposite. Early model header panel and grille on a late model!
So I ordered a new header panel from quadratec.com, new headlights on eBay, new oem lower crossmember rad support from chrysler and custom off road bumpers front and back from a redneck welder!
6" Lift and 33's soon!
shaynesaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
DickDickle
1996 ZJ 

I just put a complete header panel with all new lights and grill off a 95 on my 96 and everything lined up correct except the bumper. I only put it on because it was free, had all new lights and the adjusters work. I trimmed the bumper around the grill to make it look presentable I'm probably going to end up finding a matching bumper as well to complete it
DickDickle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #10
jeepinbassist
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDickle View Post
I just put a complete header panel with all new lights and grill off a 95 on my 96 and everything lined up correct except the bumper. I only put it on because it was free, had all new lights and the adjusters work. I trimmed the bumper around the grill to make it look presentable I'm probably going to end up finding a matching bumper as well to complete it
Mine is like that right now. Looks ugly
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.