Any recommendations for alarms? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Any recommendations for alarms?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 02-11-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
jdwiseman

Any recommendations for alarms?

Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket alarm? I have seen those that page you if there is an incident, but do not know if they are reliable. There 3 or so I am thinking about, but I really do not know anything about alarms.

Thanks!

John

jdwiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
titancc

I used a crimeguard from crutchfield and it seems to work pretty well. Crutchfield has awesome tech support if you are planning on doing it yourself, and it wasn't too bad, maybe 4 hrs, depending on your wiring background, it may be overwhelming for some. If you are going to have it installed professionallt I have heard good things about Viper and Clifford, but these get pretty expensive. Hope that helps some,

John
titancc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2002, 12:24 AM   #3
horatio102
Web Wheeler

I'm partial to DEI (Viper, etc.). I had one in a previous vehicle and it worked.
Factory alarm in my Subaru is a CodeAlarm, and I've heard they're good too. Clifford comes highly recommended too, but I think they're on the expensive side.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.