Anti-Lock Brakes engaging - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anti-Lock Brakes engaging

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-20-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
rossj711

Anti-Lock Brakes engaging

Hey dudes.. I had both wheel bearings shot, so I had the shop get some straight from the dealership. I also needed to replace an axle shaft and a boot. And yes, I had a Carolina Rock Shop do it because I work 26 hours a week and attend high school, so my time is limited.

Now, my anti-lock breaks engage no matter what when I hit around 8-13MPH. What the ****? This can't be normal, I showed it to the guy at the shop the day of and he said it might be because of the new axle shaft etc. "it's not yet broken in." He told me to come back if it still persisted. And it is. They installed something wrong, anyone have idea to what exactlys up?

rossj711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

No idea what he is thinking about the axle shaft having a break in period for ABS There is a Tone Ring just behind the rotor I believe and a sensor which reads whether the sensor is blocked or unblocked (determines the wheel speed by that). If that sensor was damaged or not hooked up or the tone ring damaged it would constantly think that wheel isn't moving and would engage ABS...since it only happens at low speeds it is probably the sensor is my best guess.
Unread 01-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

Possibly the wrong axle shaft without the tone rings? If thats possible..

Wasnt there something about the ABS system doing a self test at about 8mph?

My abs kicks on when im slowing down on a bumpy road..

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.