anti lock Accel switch p/n 56006315 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > anti lock Accel switch p/n 56006315

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
tonysailor

anti lock Accel switch p/n 56006315

I have a part, Jeep with a p/n 56006315. Off 97 ZJ. I know it is an anti-lock acceleration switch.

How does it affect ABS?
If it starts to fail what some indications?
And, what is it function? Any info is appreciated.

Tony

tonysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
niero
1997 ZJ 

I know this is an old thread, but what is the acceleration switch? Is that the same as a wheel sensor?
niero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Jerbear0612
1995 ZJ 

First off good job reviving a 5 year old thread :P, but to answer your question (credit to Comanche freak via jeepsunlimited) it turns the abs light on and deactivates the and system
If the computer senses a failing component.
Jerbear0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
niero
1997 ZJ 

Thank you, Jerbear

I'll ask my mechanic to check those. You wouldn't happen to have any other ideas on what could turn the ABS light on?
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Mine comes on and off. Its bipolar with that as well. I'll be pulling the wheels off and cleaning the connectors someday.
Unread 09-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
niero
1997 ZJ 

Yeah, I'll have to ask my mechanic if her actually cleaned all of those components off.
Unread 09-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by niero View Post
I'll ask my mechanic to check those. You wouldn't happen to have any other ideas on what could turn the ABS light on?
There are numerous problems that could turn the light on, from a slightly misadjusted wheel sensor to complete failure of the ABS computer. There's little point in just guessing, if you can't see an obvious potential cause like a broken wheel sensor wire, you have to pull the trouble codes, which requires a professional-level scanner (the cheap ones aimed at DIY mechanics can't pull codes from the ABS, and there's no equivalent of the key dance trick for ABS codes).

I've just received the 1993 ZJ ABS diagnostic manual in the mail - $10 from eBay. It's got full diagnostic/repair flowcharts for every possible ABS malfunction, and there are a lot of tests that you need to do to isolate certain issues.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.