Another which tire thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Another which tire thread

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Another which tire thread

I give up....after searching and reading for 2 days straight, I still cannot decide what is best for my 1996 4.0 with 3.73 gears.. I just got 245/75/16 that are Firestone Destination AT's and have a OME+spacer lift (about 2.5-2.75) and the tires just seem to look small. (They measure about 30.1 inches tall after being mounted)
Will 265/75/16 AT's be too big for this lift? (about 31.4 after being mounted) I am on the paved road 95% of the time going off road during the hunting seasons..(but it is really rough here in southern Arizona). I have a few days to decide if I like the 245's, what should/can I do?

Unread 01-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Jones
Consider the following...

31's have and will always fit on a BB, I would try some BFG A/T's. I also like the procomp extreme mud terrains.
Unread 01-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
RoscoeJ
1986 CJ7 

I went with the BF Goodrich A/Ts 31 x10.5x 15 . I went thru the same thing. I would recomend the BF Goodrich over the Destination AT's .They are a little more $ ,but there better in the rain,wear better and wont get loud after 10K miles.IMO
RoscoeJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.