another overheating thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > another overheating thread

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
ajhgoodwrench3

another overheating thread

i have a 94 grand cherokee, i just bought it today and it only needs a windshield and a power steering hose and i got it for 400 bucks with 155,000 miles it is the 4.0 andi was driving home and i notiched the temp gauge started to go up very slowly, so i have spent my day trying to find the culprate the water pump is new within 10,000 miles, i pulled the stat and that is brand new, overheated even faster with the stat out, so i put it back in and then i bypassed the heater core and that also didnt work, i can let it idle for any amount of time and it will not overheat, but if i rev it to 2500 rpms while in park for over 30 seconds i notice the temp going up, and if i drive down the road it goes up all the way to the orange line but if i pull over and let it idle it will cool back down, can anyone help me, i have waisted my whole day and have gotten nowhere

ajhgoodwrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

There is an overheating thread 5 posts down, there is a search button at the top of this page. Use them! : Puctuation, its not a foreign language.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
ajhgoodwrench3

im not retarded nor am i new, my overheating is different than any other thread on here my truck only overheats when driving, if you want to be cool and make someone look like an *** you might just want to look in the mirror before you you try to find one on here
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Did you look to see if the fan clutch is still good? Is there foreign material in the fins on the rad? There are not many things different between overheating threads.
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
Steve98
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_Brown View Post
Did you look to see if the fan clutch is still good? Is there foreign material in the fins on the rad? There are not many things different between overheating threads.
I agree its not that different. Plenty of jeeps overheat only when driving. Is the Tstat the right temp? If its lower than stock, that can allow to much water flow and not allow for substantial time for the water to cool in the radiator. That would be made worse by driving, increased RPM. Also a stock radiator with that many miles could be clogged even with regular maintenance.

Also are you sure its overheating? Can you hear boiling or see it in the overflow tank? Check/replace the cap too.
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
ajhgoodwrench3

the fins are all falling apart
Unread 06-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You just solved your own problem.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.