Another mode door question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Another mode door question

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
justbob
1995 ZJ 

Another mode door question

I have a 95 ZJ with the ATC system. As with others it has no heat or AC from the panel vents. I have pulled the mode door-heated/defrost actuator and it looks good to me, when tested it has full sweep of the leaver arm but still kicks out a code 51 & 39. The only thing I can figure is the linkage to the door pivot is of in some way or just the linkage. I do have the FSM but it shows little on this . does anyone have some better photos of this set-up and as always does anyone have any ideals.
Thank you much

Unread 07-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
AVR2
1993 ZJ 

Those codes are historical ones (meaning the fault conditions existed but have since gone away) relating to the mode door feedback circuit. If the actuator seems good, chances are the door itself is broken. You'll have to pull the dash and open up the HVAC box to see.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
justbob
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR2 View Post
Those codes are historical ones (meaning the fault conditions existed but have since gone away) relating to the mode door feedback circuit. If the actuator seems good, chances are the door itself is broken. You'll have to pull the dash and open up the HVAC box to see.
great I was hoping no one would say that . oh well time to pull the dash then call the chiropractor. but really thank you much for the reply.
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
justbob
1995 ZJ 

after looking at it the end of the defrost door shaft broke off and needs to be repaired or replaced. does any one make a repair kit for this or does anyone make a defrost door that has a metal shaft rather then the cheap plastic one? if I have to pull the dash I want to use something that will last.
thanks again

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.