another lift question thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > another lift question thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

Honestly the faq thread, which I have read multiple times, didn't help.

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #17
98ZJLTD
1998 ZJ 

Looks like the link whiteout posted is the complete how to on doing a BB and if that doesn't help then the google search on here works pretty well. With a little bit of effort on your part you should be able to find the answer to any question you could possibly have on here.

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

There isn't always a thread on every question imaginable. Sometimes you have to just ask. I use the search function, A LOT. When I don't feel like I can find a clear cut answer, I ask my own questions. Those questions may sound dumb to some people, but oh well.

I appreciate legitimate help, I really do. So, let's please not turn this into a "use the search button" thread.

With that said...

When I lifted the jeep 2", the axle pivoted on the track bar mounts, pulling the axle to the pass side. Right?
The measurements from ground to top of wheel well were, say... 34". Even if I put a 5" lift on, but the ground to top off wheel well measurement stayed the same, would the axle have moved to the side anymore than it did with the 2"?

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unabashedpraise View Post
There isn't always a thread on every question imaginable. Sometimes you have to just ask. I use the search function, A LOT. When I don't feel like I can find a clear cut answer, I ask my own questions. Those questions may sound dumb to some people, but oh well.

I appreciate legitimate help, I really do. So, let's please not turn this into a "use the search button" thread.

With that said...

When I lifted the jeep 2", the axle pivoted on the track bar mounts, pulling the axle to the pass side. Right?
The measurements from ground to top of wheel well were, say... 34". Even if I put a 5" lift on, but the ground to top off wheel well measurement stayed the same, would the axle have moved to the side anymore than it did with the 2"?
When you lifted the Jeep, it moved over because the stock trackbar is now too short. If you lifted 5", the measurement would not stay the same, but the axle would be moved over even further.

To make sure the axle remains centered, an adjustable trackbar is needed.

You never measure from the ground to the fender lip. The measurement is to be taken from the center of the hub to the fender lip.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.