Am I missing anything? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Am I missing anything?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 01-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
MidniteSquirrel

Am I missing anything?

Alright. Now that I have my current stock WJ, I know I've got some upgrades and mods I'd like to do to it. Especially after Hunter mentioned the Grand Slams. (I have an itching to make it to the Canada and North ones if ever possible)

But before I can go to those, I'm going to have to make some changes.

Skid plates. These are a must. Kevin's doesn't seem to list any, and I was wondering if you guys new some other places that are priced fairly well (I'm sorry if I haven't done the research myself just yet)

a BB. Namely so I can get 30" BFG A/T's. I had the BFG's on my old XJ, until I needed new tires and got stuck with Discoverer A/Ts. (don't ask.

A trailer hitch. Yeah. I have NOTHING right now to get towed out from behind with. That's changing ASAP.

front tow points. Shackles or hooks?

And since I don't have nearly as much money to get a Bull bar installed.... a brush guard for the front. Are they even worth it?

Anything else I should get to make this GC more trail worthy? Trying to keep costs to a minimum and getting what I need now, and worry about other extras later.

BB+UC 3.5" lift | K&N FIPK | Armor/Tow points |
265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer S/Ts
MidniteSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

MS,

1. www.wjjeeps.com for your armor needs.

2. Check this ebay auction out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

That is Tony's WJ. Oh yeah baby.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

For bumpers and such, take a look through the for sale items on www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums, www.nagca.com, and here. Someone is always upgrading their stuff and needing someone to buy the old stuff.

Hunter

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...hreadid=603704

Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4

Unread 01-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
MidniteSquirrel

Thank you for the information. I've figured out all that I want to do right now. And NAGCA's photos had some WJ's that have given me inspiration. They're exactly what I wanted to do and plan on doing to my jeep.

Since money's tight right now, going to have to wait on the BB, tires, and Bumper. (possibly get those middle of this summer?)

So going for the skid plates and hitch for now. Was thinking... get shackles now? Or wait until I can get a nice ARB bumper?

Unread 01-17-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

The front tow hooks and a rear tow hitch with a 20K tow strap from Wally world is a great place to start.

Hunter

Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4

Unread 01-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #6
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Parts

Also check out a website Wyckoff Mopar parts.com. Use the code picacard and get 10% off Got all my skids there, and other parts too. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2005, 12:13 PM   #7
MidniteSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1
The front tow hooks and a rear tow hitch with a 20K tow strap from Wally world is a great place to start.

Hunter

I'm always... uneasy... getting parts from a place like that. But I've already got a 30' tow strap and another 20' one. (with loops, not hooks)

So I'd just need the hitch and the tow hooks. Figure I might check it out today... see if there's anything there worthwhile.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.