already bent my tie rod, lol, ( + a few pics of the new lift offroad ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > already bent my tie rod, lol, ( + a few pics of the new lift offroad )

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
FrankTheDank
1999 WJ 

already bent my tie rod, lol, ( + a few pics of the new lift offroad )

ok, first of all sorry i haven't gotten pics of the long arm install up yet, camera dosent want to talk to the computer, but heres a few cell phone pics of the test run

ok and now for my ?

only the middle section of my T.R. is bent, the ends to seem alright, will this guy work?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52449_1026.htm

thanks

::4.0::42RE::242::Carolina Driveline::Spartan Locked D30::Aussie locked 44A::4.56!!!::4'' IRO LA::33/12'' Retreads::4"BS wheels::IRO T case skid::2 12'' Kenwood Subs 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp::Iceland Winch Bumper::Smittybilt XRC8::
STOCK 97 ZJ LAREDO-Daily Driver
Quote:
I don't need to lie...that way I never have to remember what I said
FrankTheDank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
FrankTheDank
1999 WJ 

correction the tie rod to left end, just to the right of the SS

#12 on the diagram
http://www.quadratec.com/advisor/jee...J_steering.php
::4.0::42RE::242::Carolina Driveline::Spartan Locked D30::Aussie locked 44A::4.56!!!::4'' IRO LA::33/12'' Retreads::4"BS wheels::IRO T case skid::2 12'' Kenwood Subs 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp::Iceland Winch Bumper::Smittybilt XRC8::
STOCK 97 ZJ LAREDO-Daily Driver
Quote:
I don't need to lie...that way I never have to remember what I said
FrankTheDank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

You waited 28 minutes, you are so patient. If you're spending the money for a new tie rod, you might as well flip it and/or get a HD one such as a JKS.
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I've got Kevins HD tie rod. I have had it installed for about a year and so far its held up great. I'd recommend.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.