Almost there - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Almost there

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-04-2003, 10:31 PM   #1
rJEEP

Almost there

Tomorrow I have access to a lift, so I am going to complete my tuneup and replace the 02 sensor with a bosch one from autozone. I hear its pretty easy, except that the connector is a real pain to get off. Does anyone have any advice for me on how to make it easier to do?

Unread 01-05-2003, 01:40 AM   #2
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

Let the engine cool off I am a moron and I burnt my self trying to do it while the engine was hot..
Its not that hard there is really no good way to tell you to open the plug you will see it just lift up the tab and pull it apart
I had a harder time putting mine back together.
Unread 01-05-2003, 04:30 PM   #3
rJEEP

Well, I did the 02 sensor today.........The first few threads seemed to have bonded together to the exhaust pipe, so when I took out the original 02, the first few threads were no longer there- I installed the new one but could only tighten it to a certain point, if i went anymore, the sensor would fall out......So I got it tight but left it a few threads out.....I put some quikweld stuff all over the outside of it (resists heat up to only 300 deg. though).......It seems like it'll stay on there..I'm hoping it'll eventually rust on and form a permanent bond to the exhaust pipe......What do you guys think?
Unread 01-05-2003, 09:04 PM   #4
JeepGuyRyan

I think that if you plan on having your jeep for a long time you may be in trouble. The 02 sensors tend to fail after 80,000 miles or so on most jeeps, it's the number 1 reason that they don't pass emmissions tests. Pop in a new sensor and you are usually good to go.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.