To all taurus E-fan Installers!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > To all taurus E-fan Installers!?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
jeepinjoe123
1994 ZJ 

To all taurus E-fan Installers!?

i am going to be doing my e-fan install this friday and i was just wondering what you guys would recommend for:
the gauge of wire for low and high?
what size relays for high and low?
do you guys thinks it's ok if i just run the wires for high but hook it up later i dont have money for the mondo realy right now?
do you think i'd ever have to use high speed i go off roading like once a month and it's usually just muddin/trail ridin?
have any of u ever needed to use high speed?
i have a 40 amp relay that i bought at the turkey rod run roday should that be good for low? or will it be too big? ( i think its a 40amp vdc bosch style relay)
any helpful tips for the install would be greatly appreciated thank-you
joe

1994 JGC limited 5.2l 4in F>R swap 31in. dune grapplers, soft 8's, flowmaster 40 series and duals out the sides, taurus e-fan, high flow intake, 231 swap, 44a swap, NGK plugs, Shell 93 octane only, homemade choppped and drilled light bar, gold>black stripes, in the process of making true cowl induction hood and putting 96-98 cladding, bumper cover, and grill on
jeepinjoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

Check the link in my sig, it has all the info that you may need

Project TORTOISE Build-up thread

JCR Rock Sliders Ford Taurus E-fan Install Dana 20 Twin Stick
EMTimZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
jeepinjoe123
1994 ZJ 

i read the installl that was on here and the one that was on jeep horizons already but i was just wondering if some other people had differing opinions/experiences both were great write-ups though kudos i'm gona make a write up too
1994 JGC limited 5.2l 4in F>R swap 31in. dune grapplers, soft 8's, flowmaster 40 series and duals out the sides, taurus e-fan, high flow intake, 231 swap, 44a swap, NGK plugs, Shell 93 octane only, homemade choppped and drilled light bar, gold>black stripes, in the process of making true cowl induction hood and putting 96-98 cladding, bumper cover, and grill on
jeepinjoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
LaCeS OuT
1994 ZJ 

Get 2 painless wiring kits. About $25 each. Check ebay, Jegs or summitracing.

Jeep Sold! 02/2009

Need AMSOIL? Click Here!
LaCeS OuT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

A 40 amp relay is fine for Low, but not High. Yes you will definitely need High for a V8.
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.