To all taurus E-fan Installers!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > To all taurus E-fan Installers!?

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
jeepinjoe123
1994 ZJ 

To all taurus E-fan Installers!?

i am going to be doing my e-fan install this friday and i was just wondering what you guys would recommend for:
the gauge of wire for low and high?
what size relays for high and low?
do you guys thinks it's ok if i just run the wires for high but hook it up later i dont have money for the mondo realy right now?
do you think i'd ever have to use high speed i go off roading like once a month and it's usually just muddin/trail ridin?
have any of u ever needed to use high speed?
i have a 40 amp relay that i bought at the turkey rod run roday should that be good for low? or will it be too big? ( i think its a 40amp vdc bosch style relay)
any helpful tips for the install would be greatly appreciated thank-you
joe

1994 JGC limited 5.2l 4in F>R swap 31in. dune grapplers, soft 8's, flowmaster 40 series and duals out the sides, taurus e-fan, high flow intake, 231 swap, 44a swap, NGK plugs, Shell 93 octane only, homemade choppped and drilled light bar, gold>black stripes, in the process of making true cowl induction hood and putting 96-98 cladding, bumper cover, and grill on
jeepinjoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

Check the link in my sig, it has all the info that you may need

Project TORTOISE Build-up thread

JCR Rock Sliders Ford Taurus E-fan Install Dana 20 Twin Stick
EMTimZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:02 AM   #3
jeepinjoe123
1994 ZJ 

i read the installl that was on here and the one that was on jeep horizons already but i was just wondering if some other people had differing opinions/experiences both were great write-ups though kudos i'm gona make a write up too
1994 JGC limited 5.2l 4in F>R swap 31in. dune grapplers, soft 8's, flowmaster 40 series and duals out the sides, taurus e-fan, high flow intake, 231 swap, 44a swap, NGK plugs, Shell 93 octane only, homemade choppped and drilled light bar, gold>black stripes, in the process of making true cowl induction hood and putting 96-98 cladding, bumper cover, and grill on
jeepinjoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
LaCeS OuT
1994 ZJ 

Get 2 painless wiring kits. About $25 each. Check ebay, Jegs or summitracing.

Jeep Sold! 02/2009

Need AMSOIL? Click Here!
LaCeS OuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

A 40 amp relay is fine for Low, but not High. Yes you will definitely need High for a V8.
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.