All new bushing and ball joints in front end - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > All new bushing and ball joints in front end

HELLA FF75 12V 55W H7 Fog Lamps - SPECIAL OVERSTOCK SALE FBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!

Unread 04-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
chrisbean
1998 ZJ 

All new bushing and ball joints in front end

I probaly need to replace all of them in the rear to but one cost at a time! My GC has 300000 miles on her now and shes goin to be a DD for a while longer. I figured it was time to replace all the bushing but I'm not sure what to get? She's all stock so far. I know the steering is sloopy and she seems to trac a bit more now. So any ideas/ suggestions on what to get would be great? ALso, how can I tell what size front sway bar I have? THOSE bushing are about rotted out! Do you thnk I need to replace the upper and lower ball joints? I'm pretty sure they are the originals. I have a VERY small budget and I hate to go cheap but it looks like she's gonna have to las me another 300000 miles!

chrisbean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Replace all the ball joints at the same time!! I went with Moog. For bushings u can go with OEM rubber or polyurethane, im going with that route Energy Suspension make great products for bushings, they have them for the entire jeep. 65 a set for front or rear control arm bushings.

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

as far as sloppy steering just get a new crown track bar if you can and a regular stabilizer but if u want to really tighten up the steering a rancho stabilizer is good. id get all new control arms from crown but thats up to ur budget. pretty much crown will have most of your parts and they have been known to actually use original mopar parts so they are real good quality.
IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.