This is from the 02-04's FSM but I dont see there being a difference in it. This is from a service bulletin for a creaking of the steering wheel.
1. Make sure the front wheels of the vehicle are in the STRAIGHT AHEAD position before beginning steering wheel removal procedure.
2. Open the hood and disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable from the battery.
WARNING :Wait two minutes for the airbag system reserve capacitor to discharge before beginning any airbag component service. Failure to do this could result in accidental air bag deployment and possible personal injury.
3. Remove the lower and upper steering column shrouds.
4. Remove the driver's air bag from the steering wheel. Disconnect the clock spring, speed control (if equipped), and radio control (if equipped) wiring connections.
5. Remove the steering wheel attaching nut.
6. Using the appropriate steering wheel puller, remove the steering wheel.
7. Disconnect the multi-function switch wiring connector and remove the multi-function switch.
8. Disconnect the clock spring wiring connector and remove the clock spring.
NOTE :When removing the clock spring, do not change the orientation of the clock spring inner wheel. If the orientation of the clock spring inner wheel is changed, the clock spring will have to be centered. Refer to the service information available on TechCONNECT, Refer to 8 - Restraints, Clockspring, Standard Procedure, Clockspring Centering.
24. Install the clock spring and its wiring connections.
25. Install the multi-function switch and its wiring connections.
26. Install the steering wheel and tighten steering wheel nut to 61 N.m (45 ft.lbs.).
27. Connect the clock spring, speed control (if equipped), and radio control (if equipped) wiring connections.
28. Install driver's air bag and tighten screws to 10 N.m (90 in. lbs.). RG/RS vehicles proceed to Step # 34
33. Install the steering column opening cover.
34. Install the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
35. Connect negative battery cable and close the hood.
NOTE :In the interest of customer satisfaction, reset the clock when the procedure is complete.
97 ZJ 5.9L 242/4.5" RE Coils/1.75" Spacers/Clayton arms/Addco's/RE brake lines/35x12.5 bfg muds/Currie steering/K&N/Claytons Front Drop tracbar/Dropped pitman/Bilstein 5125's/JKS BPE/JKS loop conversion/JKS Sliders/ZJilla rear bumper/Clayton front winch bumper/durango steering box/warn 9000i/Hambek Customs carbon fiber cowl hood #2of16/Hp30-8.8 4.56/ARB f+r