Air Conditioning - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Air Conditioning

RCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 08-28-2003, 12:02 PM   #16
Intrepidjeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Posts: 355
Your dealer should know whether your GC's repair is covered under that 'hidden warranty' from Chrysler.

Sometime last year with my '97 GC with about 50K on the odometer started blowing warm air on AC. The dealer didn't even contact the warranty company, they charged it to Chrysler under the 'hidden warranty' mentioned above. The total would have been around $1100 if I'd had to pay for it, so you're getting a great deal at $750 if you do have to pay....

Funny thing is if I didn't have that WarrantyGold warranty then I'd have gone to an independent shop to save a few bucks and would never have learned about the 'hidden warranty'.

__________________
-- Marcus
Cape Canaveral, Florida
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 12:32 PM   #17
automan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 290
If it turns out that you are not covered under this special extended warranty, then you should shop around at the independant mechanics. You will most certainly save money over the dealer.
__________________
1993 ZJ Limited 5.2 - no mods - Red with Gold (what were they thinking) trim.
automan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 04:31 PM   #18
JEEPTECHNICIAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: greensboro, nc
Posts: 118
What year is your grand and how many miles are on it. And just to clear things up this is not a hidden warranty. It clearly states when you pull a vehicle information sheet from chrysler it states evaperator extended 7/70. The warranty was extended for customer satisfaction. there not going to send notices out for this like a recall. 750.00 bucks is not bad considering you have to pull the a/c box out. The book pays 6 hours on this. And I'd dare tell you how fast 2 technicians can do it, he he he he he............... well hell......... 1,800 seconds....
JEEPTECHNICIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 07:25 PM   #19
Willie1470
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPTECHNICIAN
What year is your grand and how many miles are on it. And just to clear things up this is not a hidden warranty. It clearly states when you pull a vehicle information sheet from chrysler it states evaperator extended 7/70. The warranty was extended for customer satisfaction. there not going to send notices out for this like a recall. 750.00 bucks is not bad considering you have to pull the a/c box out. The book pays 6 hours on this. And I'd dare tell you how fast 2 technicians can do it, he he he he he............... well hell......... 1,800 seconds....
'98 GC with 55,120 miles.
Willie1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 07:43 PM   #20
JEEPTECHNICIAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: greensboro, nc
Posts: 118
I would ask if it was under the 7/70 warranty.
JEEPTECHNICIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 08:01 PM   #21
Willie1470
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPTECHNICIAN
I would ask if it was under the 7/70 warranty.
That's exactly what I did today...they told me that they thought it only went up to '96 but that they would get back to me. They never did!
Willie1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 08:08 PM   #22
Intrepidjeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Posts: 355
Yeah I didn't like to use the 'hidden warranty' phrase but didn't know what to call it, lol
__________________
-- Marcus
Cape Canaveral, Florida
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 08:51 PM   #23
JEEPTECHNICIAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: greensboro, nc
Posts: 118
willie quickly give me the last 9 of your vin and I will logon to chrysler and check it for you. milage also
JEEPTECHNICIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 09:20 PM   #24
Willie1470
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPTECHNICIAN
willie quickly give me the last 9 of your vin and I will logon to chrysler and check it for you. milage also
WC3111040-55100+MILES
Willie1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 09:24 PM   #25
JEEPTECHNICIAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: greensboro, nc
Posts: 118
willie thats not coming up double check and make sure .
JEEPTECHNICIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 09:39 PM   #26
Willie1470
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPTECHNICIAN
willie thats not coming up double check and make sure .
The number I gave you was misprinted. The bill of sale vin is:
5WC311040 55100+ miles
Willie1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 09:52 PM   #27
JEEPTECHNICIAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: greensboro, nc
Posts: 118
hate to tell you willie but your evep is not coverd. only seen a few 98's that were. I seen you had your recall bo2 done in july at huntington jeep chrysler though. Well good luck dude. and if your wondering where I went I have a personal code that use when I go to the chrysler dealer connect to look up vehicle history info like the life from day 1 on a chrysler vehicle dealer related. have a good one..
JEEPTECHNICIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2003, 05:39 AM   #28
Willie1470
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPTECHNICIAN
hate to tell you willie but your evep is not coverd. only seen a few 98's that were. I seen you had your recall bo2 done in july at huntington jeep chrysler though. Well good luck dude. and if your wondering where I went I have a personal code that use when I go to the chrysler dealer connect to look up vehicle history info like the life from day 1 on a chrysler vehicle dealer related. have a good one..
Thanks for all you help...sometimes you just gotta pay!
Willie1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2003, 01:56 PM   #29
Intrepidjeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Posts: 355
Where do the leaks usually occur, by the way? Does the evap itself spring a pinhole leak somewhere, or does it leak at the point where the evap is welded/brazed/whatever to the pipes, or what? Just curious since I'd imagine the weld might be susceptible to a leak....
__________________
-- Marcus
Cape Canaveral, Florida
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2003, 04:50 PM   #30
JEEPTECHNICIAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: greensboro, nc
Posts: 118
what happens is leaves get inside and when they rot they acitify. when this happens it eats a hole in the aluminum coil.
JEEPTECHNICIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.