air conditioner button - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > air conditioner button

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
pedsnurse90601
1998 KL Cherokee 

air conditioner button

Hi! I have a 1998 jeep grand Cherokee. It has close to 180,000 on it. For the past two years I have had problems with the ac button not wanting to stay engaged. Does it have a spring behind it? If I push it in and hold it it works fine but I can't do that while I am driving. Last year I would fold a piece of paper and put it in there and it would stay but that isn't working this year. And I live in the deep south! And it gets HOT here quick. What can I do to fix this problem?? When it is pushed you can hear and feel it engage and it starts blowing cold. It was just charged two years ago so that shouldn't be it. Thanks n advance

pedsnurse90601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Some duct tape?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 04:31 AM   #3
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Take it apart and check it out. Heres a link where I was doing something else. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/m...rsion-2013761/
Not a lot to it. If you can find one in a JY just swap it. I 'm not sure but I don't think they are available new. If I find one in good shape I snag it just for drill.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.