air condition face unit question n00b question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > air condition face unit question n00b question

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
Fatsooo
2002 WJ 

air condition face unit question n00b question

i have a 2002 WJ and its currently running the stock air conditioning unit
i saw the dual climate control ... control unit thing-a-mabob for sale and i wondered if i just took out the old the single control and plugged in the dual control if it would still work correctly and what not?

thanks in advance

Fatsooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
VulcanJeep

Nope. Numerous differences, including the absence of AZC blend doors on your stock unit. Lucky you!
VulcanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
colinzj
2006 WK 

Like VulcanJeep said, you'd have to replace the control unit and pretty much the entire HVAC box.

You can convert to the dual zone system if you really want to, but it's involved and fairly expensive. Plus then you get the extra excitement of the problems the auto system has that the manual one doesn't.
colinzj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Lucky you for not buying a LIMITED lol the auto climate blend doors stop working or stick open

old school knobs
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
Fatsooo
2002 WJ 

oh wow lol
i think i read about that somewhere else in the forum
now im kinda glad my dad went cheap when he bought the jeep (before i stole it from him)
now i just wished he got the V8 plus the 4x4
Fatsooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.