AGH! i got a leak somewhere! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AGH! i got a leak somewhere!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-05-2003, 10:11 AM   #1
pygocentrus

AGH! i got a leak somewhere!

under the passenger floor mat, it is soggy and wet. my co-worker said its the AC. am i able to fix it, or should i punk the dealer.

pygocentrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2003, 01:59 PM   #2
Bird

Check your drain tube - probably plugged up. just look in the engine compartment on the passenger firewall and you'll see it sticking out. Can usually just stick a small screwdriver up in it and clean it out.
Unread 09-05-2003, 04:43 PM   #3
pygocentrus

cool, what does this drain tube look like? im at work right now, could i use a pen to un-clog it?

also my AC is making a funny noise, it sounds like i have 42" tires.
Unread 09-07-2003, 08:26 AM   #4
CATMAN2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pygocentrus
cool, what does this drain tube look like? im at work right now, could i use a pen to un-clog it?

also my AC is making a funny noise, it sounds like i have 42" tires.
I AM ALSO HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. I HAVE 96 GC AND I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER IN THE ENGINE AND FIREWALL AND HAVE NOT LOCATED ANY DRAIN PLUG. THE MANUAL SHOWS A DRAIN PLUG BUT THERE ISN'T ANY FOR MY GC. DO ALL 96 GC HAVE DRAIN PLUG ON THE FIREWALL ?
CATMAN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #5
pygocentrus

i cant find mine either, is it possible that when the dealer steam cleaned the carpets, water got stuck under the mats? i turned on the AC full blast and ripped up the carpets to see where the leak is coming from. when i did lift up the carpet, water just drips from the carpet itself, but not from any source above that. i tried the tube that blows the cold air to the back seat, but no water found. i dried up all the water (well most) and im gonna drive all day with teh AC on and lift up the carpet again to see if theres anymore water. i really hope its just water from the cleaning.

*hopes*
Unread 09-07-2003, 10:47 PM   #6
CATMAN2

[*hopes*[/QUOTE]

TRUST ME, IT'S NOT FROM THE CLEANING. WHENEVER YOU FIND YOUR DRAIN PLUG OR A SOLUTION THIS WET PROBLEM.......PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW !
CATMAN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2003, 12:35 AM   #7
pygocentrus

youre right. its leaking again. i cant find the damn drain thing. i ripped up the carpets, but found no drain of any sort. just metal.
Unread 09-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #8
automan25

The evaporator drain plug drains into the frame of the vehicle. That is why you cannot see it sticking through the firewall. Jeep issued a Technical Service Bulliten a few years ago to help remedy the problem of a clogged drain tube. Here it is:

http://home.sc.rr.com/janet/TSB/24-06-96.htm
Unread 09-08-2003, 11:06 AM   #9
pygocentrus

thanks very much!
Unread 09-08-2003, 11:07 AM   #10
pygocentrus

1 wuestion, whats a 5255217 plug?
Unread 09-08-2003, 02:53 PM   #11
automan25

I assume it's a part that you could buy from your chrysler dealer for about $100.00. Most people, however, just cover the hole with electrical tape.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.