Aftermarket Sunroof Seal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Aftermarket Sunroof Seal

Zone Offroad - Jeep Forum PromotionFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #1
_Kyle_
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Aftermarket Sunroof Seal

Well the time has come to replace the sunroof seal on my ZJ - however, the issue has become that I don't know where to get the seal. AFAIK, the Laredo never had a sunroof option from the factory - so I think it was installed third party/through the dealer. Can anyone help identify what it may be based on prior knowledge? I can get some photos from it if needed - I am led to believe it is an aftermarket option of some sorts because it closes automatically when you lock the doors.

Thanks!

1996 Grand Cherokee
2005 Wrangler Rocky Mountain Edition
RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)
Kyle's TJ Build
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
acmeman
1997 ZJ 

Im looking for the plastic trim around the my sunroof. No luck yet.
acmeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #3
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

An enormous proportion of aftermarket sunroofs are manufactured by Webasto. I'd start there. I know the close-on-lock function is a pretty common feature among Webasto sliding sunroofs.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2015, 07:28 PM   #4
_Kyle_
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
An enormous proportion of aftermarket sunroofs are manufactured by Webasto. I'd start there. I know the close-on-lock function is a pretty common feature among Webasto sliding sunroofs.
I was led to them by someone else as well - however there seem to be a couple different models and then sub models within those - so I have no idea which it is.

1996 Grand Cherokee
RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)
Kyle's TJ Build
Unread 03-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #5
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
I was led to them by someone else as well - however there seem to be a couple different models and then sub models within those - so I have no idea which it is.
I'd contact a Webasto customer service rep and see what I could find out. I don't know if they were making the Hollandia line as far back as the ZJ's production, and it's even possible the sunroof was added after the fact, by a previous owner, and not the dealership.

Is your sunroof a spoiler style or inbuilt style?

Unread 03-31-2015, 05:01 AM   #6
_Kyle_
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd contact a Webasto customer service rep and see what I could find out. I don't know if they were making the Hollandia line as far back as the ZJ's production, and it's even possible the sunroof was added after the fact, by a previous owner, and not the dealership.

Is your sunroof a spoiler style or inbuilt style?
It's inbuilt and it functions just like the factory one except it has a different switch, closes when you lock the doors, and looks like the full length overhead console was cut down for it. The sunroof option doesn't appear on my build sheet, but I'm lead to believe the first owner had it installed because they opted for leather and every other option they could get in the Laredo - just short of actually getting a Limited with the V8.

1996 Grand Cherokee
RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)
Kyle's TJ Build
Unread 03-31-2015, 11:07 AM   #7
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Yeah I'd definitely contact Webasto. That featureset sounds like the Hollandia 700-series, or at least some predecessor. See what you can find out.

Unread 03-31-2015, 05:18 PM   #8
_Kyle_
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I'd definitely contact Webasto. That featureset sounds like the Hollandia 700-series, or at least some predecessor. See what you can find out.
Thanks! I finally removed the duct tape sealing it closed to investigate and got this photo...

I emailed Webasto and a few other places online to try and locate the part now...
image1.jpg  

1996 Grand Cherokee
RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)
Kyle's TJ Build
Unread 03-31-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Ha ha! Hollandia it is!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.