Aftermarket Door Lock Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Aftermarket Door Lock Problems

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 05-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
ashlandnicole
1994 ZJ 

Aftermarket Door Lock Problems

So my dad said he replaced the locks on my 93 grand cherokee before i bought it from him, and they all work. Except that when i press the lock on the drivers side, it locks and unlocks and everything, but when i unlock the door with my key, the alarm goes off and i have to disable the alarm by locking/unlocking the door with the key in the passenger door. Its something to do with the alarm system, but i have no ideas how/what to do to fix it. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Unread 05-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

The two most common problems are a broken wire in the door harness, or a defective switch on the back of the lock cylinder (switch part number 56008785). Since he was just working on the doors I'd look at the switch and see if it's installed properly, may have gotten knocked loose.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
ashlandnicole
1994 ZJ 

Okay, I'll look at that. Thanks! (:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.