Advise on building a custom cargo box in Jeep. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Advise on building a custom cargo box in Jeep.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
NCJeepman

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Advise on building a custom cargo box in Jeep.

Hey guys. I recently started a small business on the side doing mobile auto repair. I have seen people build sliding drawer systems out of wood in truck beds before and thinking of doing something similar but taller in the back of my Jeep. Just wondering if any of you guys have built anything similar in the past. Just trying to get a few ideas. It would be nice to have a few organized drawers and a cabinet for tools in the back that I could lock but from the outside just looks like a black cover behind the seats. Thanks as always for any and all advice, tips, and tricks!

NCJeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

I just keep my tool kit in the back of the Jeep. It has drawers in it. I should probably try and find a cargo cover so I can hide it, but I'm cheap and lazy. It's taken me a month just to order a $40 muffler to replace the exploded one.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

this guy has a nice setup there...check it out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...orage-1353517/

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
BleepinJeep
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I love my drawer setup:

A wise man once told me, "I am going to give you some advice; you can take it or leave it, but keep in mind that it is worth exactly what you paid for it"
BleepinJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
NCJeepman

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys! I am thinking maybe doing the conventional two tray bottom and maybe a second level with another deep drawer on one side and a cabinet door on the other. I'm playing around with some drawings. I'll let you know what I come up with.
NCJeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
DZINE
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleepinJeep View Post
i plan on doing something similar to you, except im makeing two drawers at the bottom and raising the floor aprox 6". with the drawers underneath and sub box at the front against the rear seats, level with the tops.
DZINE is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.