Advice needed! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Advice needed!

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Advice needed!

While trying to get to the bypass hose I think I may have cracked a heater line at the water pump. The metal line circled is where there is movement. It can move around a little bit. Is this normal or did I bust the damn thing??

StPaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If it's not leaking now, I'm betting it soon will be. Looks like it lost the rust battle.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

When the bracket is unbolted as yours is, yes, it will move a little. The tube just slips into the hole on the water pump and is sealed with an o-ring.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensnelling View Post
When the bracket is unbolted as yours is, yes, it will move a little. The tube just slips into the hole on the water pump and is sealed with an o-ring.

Ken

Ok good! I hope you're right. It is rusty but I just dont want to have to do a water pump right now.
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaul59 View Post
Ok good! I hope you're right. It is rusty but I just dont want to have to do a water pump right now.
You don't have to pull the water pump to change it. As you have it in the picture the only thing you have to do is disconnect the hose and just pull the tube out. A replacement in the "Help" section at a parts store is $12-15. It looks nasty, but I've seen 'em a lot worse looking that worked just fine.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensnelling View Post
You don't have to pull the water pump to change it. As you have it in the picture the only thing you have to do is disconnect the hose and just pull the tube out. A replacement in the "Help" section at a parts store is $12-15. It looks nasty, but I've seen 'em a lot worse looking that worked just fine.

Ken
Alright, thats a relief.. Thank you much!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.