Advance auto, discount codes - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Advance auto, discount codes

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #61
remijenkins
1997 ZJ 

Used it today in Wilmington, NC. Bought some bushings that were 15$ with tax and took it to 11$ with tax. Thank you Portage. I promise to spend more money to keep the account open.

remijenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #62
Carroll182
1994 ZJ 

Got an Accel tune up kit. List $117.78, paid $70.87. Everything fit except rotor for some reason it was different.

BWD Ignition Coil. List $66.13, paid $33.70.

And a 1/4" drive E8 Torx socket. List $6.28, paid $3.51.

Thank you Portage County Jeep Club. Will be adding more to the account next weekend probably.
Carroll182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #63
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Come back and list your savings.

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #64
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #65
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Ordered a rear NTK O2 sensor which was $69. Threw a couple small items in the cart to push it to $75. Used BIG30 which knocked $30 off for total of $45 plus tax. Nice.
Uniblurb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #66
rainman19154
1997 ZJ 

Advanced Online Order

I used the "VISA" code for an online order.

Front Calipers with Steel Pistons - right and left
Front hoses - right and left
Front brake pads
Purolator Pure One Oil Filter

$153 total - $30 discount = $123. Roughly 20%

Not bad... better than no discount. How well would it work to break it into two orders and get a higher %?

A hitch in the process - I later learned that the closest store that has the upgraded calipers has only been open two weeks and their online system seems to be less than 100%. The SA was able to call about the order but couldn't verify or fill it yet. I may have been too quick in going to the store, but it was over an hour later that I arrived there and tried to complete the deal.

Next time I'm going to try the Jeep Club commercial cash account for the phat 40%.
rainman19154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #67
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Something must have gone goofy with your order since the "VISA" code should have given you $50 off for an online order over $150 for a total of $103 instead of $123. But it must show the items are in stock at the store you are picking up the parts from or have it shipped to your home. You could have gotten free shipping to your home since order was over $75 if you could wait 3-5 days for the order to arrive.

PS. just used the "VISA" code and it still works for $50 off on an online order of $150+.
Unread 04-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #68
rainman19154
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
Something must have gone goofy with your order since the "VISA" code should have given you $50 off for an online order over $150 for a total of $103 instead of $123. But it must show the items are in stock at the store you are picking up the parts from or have it shipped to your home. You could have gotten free shipping to your home since order was over $75 if you could wait 3-5 days for the order to arrive.

PS. just used the "VISA" code and it still works for $50 off on an online order of $150+.
I wondered about that ... I had set the order originally at a little less but it sat in the cart for a couple of days. I then added more to the cart, but the discount apparently didn't adjust. I should have removed it and reapplied it -maybe. I really didn't think about it until hours later but it did come out wrong.
Oh, well. Sux to be me, sometimes.

Edit: Six hours since posting my order online and no call back from the counter guy at Advanced. He said he'd call if my order popped up, though his screen wasn't showing anything from today when I was there. It's been three hours since I last spoke to him.
Will be hopefully getting parts tomorrow. Otherwise, a weekend has slipped away. Won't get much done during the week.-

Last edited by rainman19154; 04-28-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Unread 04-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #69
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman19154 View Post
I wondered about that ... I had set the order originally at a little less but it sat in the cart for a couple of days. I then added more to the cart, but the discount apparently didn't adjust. I should have removed it and reapplied it -maybe. I really didn't think about it until hours later but it did come out wrong.
Oh, well. Sux to be me, sometimes.

Yep, once you start adding more to the cart you have to remove the code since it's only applied to the previous total. Then plug the code in again towards the grand total. Oh well, at least now you know and there's always next time.
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #70
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Thanks for chiming in, Uni
Some times it's better to split your order in two, but try differant things, to get the best price.
Some times it's kind of a PIA trying a bunch of different ways,but you will benefit from your time spent,
Uni knows all about that.

One good thing about the Jeep Club account ,is you can use it right at the store,even if you have to order the parts, bad thing is you don't know what the discount is, unless you go into the store and,ask them what the discount will be on what you want to buy.
Some things get no discount,some get the max.

[/QUOTE]
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #71
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Yep hd, I've played that splitting up parts orders game many a time to where it's mind boggling!
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #72
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Ive played wirh jeep club discount while at work and have yet to get 40 off anything ive rung up
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #73
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

do any of these codes work in store? i tried using different ones today at advanced, the guy looked at me dumbfounded, so he called over another guy, and the other guy was so cool and nice, he explained the guy to go to this and that blah blah blah, and all i hear is, put in 20. and i was like oh wow thanks a lot! he gave me 20 bucks off a 130 ish buck purchase. not bad

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #74
rainman19154
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
Yep hd, I've played that splitting up parts orders game many a time to where it's mind boggling!
It's that very thing that had me stalled with only part of the order in the online cart.
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #75
rainman19154
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenscrew View Post
do any of these codes work in store? i tried using different ones today at advanced, the guy looked at me dumbfounded, so he called over another guy, and the other guy was so cool and nice, he explained the guy to go to this and that blah blah blah, and all i hear is, put in 20. and i was like oh wow thanks a lot! he gave me 20 bucks off a 130 ish buck purchase. not bad
place your order online and input the codes then set the order so that you pick up the parts at your local store. No shipping charges. You are subject to only ordering what that store has in stock.

Tags
advance auto , discount codes , information , parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.