Advance auto, discount codes - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Advance auto, discount codes

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #46
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtackerman28 View Post
What Jeep club discount?
Click the link HERE and read all about it

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #47
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Oh damn that would been nice soooo long ago.
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:44 AM   #48
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Not much but,It is what it is
I always get an extra 5% off at Rock Auto
The codes are always available,just Google to find one

New:3/27/12: Discount on RockAuto Parts!
The discount takes 5% off
This discount code expires on May 27, 2012; so don't wait!
Enter the code below in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart.
Discount code: 89336147020562

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #49
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Hey hdrocknroll, nice to see you've added so many coupon codes to your 1st post! I started writing them down, said heck with that, and printed 2 pages of them out! LOL, and thanks!

I placed 2 online orders with Advance today. The 1st was for a new alternator at a cost of $120 + $12 for core. CCABIN code knocked $40 off of $132 so it was $92 plus taxes. But also supposed to get the $12 core charge back which would make it $82 plus taxes. Great!

The 2nd order was a hodgepodge of stuff including plugs, plug wires, relay, distributor rotor, ground-strap, 3 qts 30W oil (lawn tractor), Seafoam, etc.. This order was also over $100 but ran into a few problems.

You can't use a coupon code on motor oil. Guess this came as no surprise since there's no such thing as cheap oil! Also of all things the Wearever Brake Cleaner, which is Advance-type brand, didn't show it in stock so you had to call the store. You can't place an online order unless it's shown in stock. Come on, they have racks of this stuff in every store!

So had to remove the oil and brake cleaner but total was still over $85. So entered code RAF7JA1102 which gives you $35 off an order of $85+. It refused this code and said you can only use it one time which I already did. Just a head up on this code.

Added the oil and brake cleaner back on. But again, even if the order was $100.65 the CCABIN code would only give $20 off since the order total included items which can't be discounted.

Ended up using the BIG30 code and got $30 off for a total of $70 plus tax. This code works in giving $30 off of orders of $75+.

Still pretty darn good getting $70 off 2 orders! Thanks!

Unfortunately I ended up cancelling my 1st order altogether when I arrived at the store. Took in my old alternator, it tested really good, so didn't need a new one. Now how many people would be bummed they saved $100? That would be me, and I'd gladly pay that for a new alternator if it cured my stalling/not starting problems.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #50
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
Hey hdrocknroll, nice to see you've added so many coupon codes to your 1st post! I started writing them down, said heck with that, and printed 2 pages of them out! LOL, and thanks!

I placed 2 online orders with Advance today. The 1st was for a new alternator at a cost of $120 + $12 for core. CCABIN code knocked $40 off of $132 so it was $92 plus taxes. But also supposed to get the $12 core charge back which would make it $82 plus taxes. Great!

The 2nd order was a hodgepodge of stuff including plugs, plug wires, relay, distributor rotor, ground-strap, 3 qts 30W oil (lawn tractor), Seafoam, etc.. This order was also over $100 but ran into a few problems.

You can't use a coupon code on motor oil. Guess this came as no surprise since there's no such thing as cheap oil! Also of all things the Wearever Brake Cleaner, which is Advance-type brand, didn't show it in stock so you had to call the store. You can't place an online order unless it's shown in stock. Come on, they have racks of this stuff in every store!

So had to remove the oil and brake cleaner but total was still over $85. So entered code RAF7JA1102 which gives you $35 off an order of $85+. It refused this code and said you can only use it one time which I already did. Just a head up on this code.

Added the oil and brake cleaner back on. But again, even if the order was $100.65 the CCABIN code would only give $20 off since the order total included items which can't be discounted.

Ended up using the BIG30 code and got $30 off for a total of $70 plus tax. This code works in giving $30 off of orders of $75+.

Still pretty darn good getting $70 off 2 orders! Thanks!

Unfortunately I ended up cancelling my 1st order altogether when I arrived at the store. Took in my old alternator, it tested really good, so didn't need a new one. Now how many people would be bummed they saved $100? That would be me, and I'd gladly pay that for a new alternator if it cured my stalling/not starting problems.

Glad to see ya savin money,ya need to with 4 Jeeps
Seems like I used RAF7JA1102 twice ,but maybe not
Well I hope you don,t need one ,but for your stalling/not starting problems you can get $50 off A PCM, or maybe $20 off a coil

[/QUOTE]
Unread 03-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #51
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
Glad to see ya savin money,ya need to with 4 Jeeps
Seems like I used RAF7JA1102 twice ,but maybe not
Well I hope you don,t need one ,but for your stalling/not starting problems you can get $50 off A PCM, or maybe $20 off a coil
That's for sure and it seems like my ZJ is the main money pit!

Thought it was strange there was a red prompt across the top of the screen letting me know you can only use the "RAF ..." code once. Like you're expected to only have 1 friend to refer??

Just got my 2nd reman PCM under warranty and I'll see how it pans out. If I don't need a coil I'm sure there's some other parts I can use the codes on in the future. Thanks!
Unread 04-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #52
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

I have an Autozone, Advanced and NAPA, all within a block of each other. I have never been in the Advanced until i read this post. When in yesterday morning and tooled around just looking. I was not impressed with the help it took him twenty minutes to find the o ring kit for my injectors, oh well. Its good to know about the discount codes, I think I will stick with NAPA on all my major parts (I can run it thru work and get 10% off) and continue to use Autozone and Advanced for the other stuff, but will be checking the codes and use them when i can.
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #53
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post
I have an Autozone, Advanced and NAPA, all within a block of each other. I have never been in the Advanced until i read this post. When in yesterday morning and tooled around just looking. I was not impressed with the help it took him twenty minutes to find the o ring kit for my injectors, oh well. Its good to know about the discount codes, I think I will stick with NAPA on all my major parts (I can run it thru work and get 10% off) and continue to use Autozone and Advanced for the other stuff, but will be checking the codes and use them when i can.
Bad thing for me is,the closest Napa is 30 miles away.
I prefer 40% off any way

[/QUOTE]
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #54
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post
Same here about having multiple parts stores close. As with any parts store you soon find out who half-way knows what they're doing and who is parts-dumb. I shopped the local NAPA for many years and the staff seemed more knowledgeable with having higher quality parts. They also gave me a 10% discount. But after getting some defective parts, like AC hoses/tubes and batteries, which were costing me big bucks I switched to Advance for their no questions asked return policies. I know every store is different but the independently owned local NAPA gave me a bunch of grief in returning parts and it was like I was taking money out of their pockets.

As hdrocknroll said, it's also nice getting up to a 40% discount on parts.
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #55
dcampone
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Just used CCABIN and RAF7JA1102. Saved $55!
dcampone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #56
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Got these today at Advance 40 bucks.
Reversible," sweeeet "
img_20120401_231737.jpg  

[/QUOTE]
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #57
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
Got these today at Advance 40 bucks.
Reversible," sweeeet "
man I need a set of those. What was the price before the discount??

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #58
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
man I need a set of those. What was the price before the discount??
Price was $61.79,after discount was 41.79 +tax, they go for $80 at Sears
Very nice tools
The bad thing about this set is no 18mm.Which is lot more common than 17 or 19
I found one on eBay, new, single 18mm same kind,brand,$12.99 free ship, and bought it,they were like 28 bucks other places

[/QUOTE]
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #59
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Good deal and got a set of those for Christmas since that's what I asked for. Nice!
Unread 04-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #60
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Just ordered a "Cardone Select New Distributor, #84-4694" for $94.99. Threw something small in the cart to push the total to $101.97. Used code "CCABIN" so got $40 off for a total of $61.99. This is under $75 for free shipping so paid $9 shipping but it's coming 2-day-air UPS. Still great getting $31 off is using the code and shipped fast to my door.

BTW, a reman Cardone Distributor (#30-4694) is $50. While both the new and reman units come with a cam sensor/pick-up the reman unit does not come with a distributor cap or rotor. At the costs of buying these new you might as well go with a new one which is only about $20 more.

Tags
advance auto , discount codes , information , parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.