Advance auto, discount codes - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Advance auto, discount codes

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #166
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecarder View Post
just so everyone knows the portage county jeepclub commercial account is still live and very much active. ive been usingit for 2+ years now and it is up to platinum. whatever is the highest discount a commercial account can be. if you dont know how commercial acconts go this is an example... they are reviewed 3 times a year every 4 months. if there is an avergae of 500 a month they call it bronze or something and you get 5 percent off. then 1000 a month and so on. right now its crazy how much parts will be discounted off. i buy parts every paycheck with it because in the winter months the codes not used that much and will go lower. i got some wipers the other day. expencive rain-x ones. there usually 18-25 dollars and using the codeigotthem 3.50 a peice. i have three sets for me and two sets for each of the 5 cars in my driveway. cant beat it guys. remember advanced auto parts and can be used anywhere in the country i believe. clubs in ohio and im in maryland
How do you use the code? I even live in Ohio but I'm on the other side of the state...

JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #167
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

I will match most online prices at the store I work at, even the online discount from Advance(who I work for) Are we supposed to? No, but I'd rather get the sale. It's very rare that I have to get the GM to overide the price, there are ways to get it done. It all depends on who you talk to, try to always talk to the commercial guy/girl, they generally have a better understanding of how to get it done. It's a dog eat dog world in the autoparts business, I try to be the bigger dog. I've been doing this long enough to know when the customer is full of manure about the price, doesn't stop them them from trying though...lol..Bring in a printout, screenshot, whatever you need to backup the pricing. Most autoparts stores will not match big box dept store prices(walmart etc) on fluids and supplies, simply because they are not technically a competitor. When was the last time you bought an alternator or PS pump, or brake pads etc from one of those guys? Maybe Sears, way back in the day.....not any more.
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #168
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

When you go to the counter tell them its going to be under a commercial account and give them all the information. Its on page one of this thread. Usually you only have to give them the phone number and that will probably work for you since your in state. Since I'm not in state I had to give them the address and everything. Once you do that it will always been in the system at that store so from then on all you have to say is put it under portage county jeep club
jakecarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #169
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
When you go to the counter tell them its going to be under a commercial account and give them all the information. Its on page one of this thread. Usually you only have to give them the phone number and that will probably work for you since your in state. Since I'm not in state I had to give them the address and everything. Once you do that it will always been in the system at that store so from then on all you have to say is put it under portage county jeep club
Nice, I'll give it a shot, thanks. Turns out I was thinking of Portsmouth for some reason, Portage County is just across Cuyahoga Valley National Park from me, not across the state!

Edit - the link for the club given in the first post says the club and discount has been shut down?
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #170
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Regardless what the Portage County Jeep Club discounts are, or even if it works or not, I don't think you're going to beat the Advance online discount codes available through RetailMeNot as can be seen below. Most all codes are current and they even list the success rate along with when last used. (Note: close down the TRT25 prompt when the page opens to see all the codes listed)

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/adva....com?c=4582125

Since I maintain 4 Jeeps I'll bundle parts needed together and the code I use most often is TRT41 where you get $40 off $100+. Can't beat that and if it turns out I don't need the part I'll just take it back with no questions asked. They'll credit me the the discounted price plus tax for the particular item back on my card which works fine.

I know the manager of the local Advance real well and he always tells me there is no way he can match those online discount code prices. I'm not really sure how the store commission works on buying parts directly from the store vs online orders but don't think it's the same. Besides a lower price equals lower commission/money they make.

Some may wonder why this thread isn't updated from time-to-time but don't think it really needs to be with the link I posted. Besides hdrocknroll who started this thread also has the same link listed on the 1st page. Good luck!

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #171
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man I'll check that out. Anything to save money and put it to more parts or candy right. I sure do love Smarties
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #172
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Yep, Advance coupon codes are normally my MO, was just curious to find out what the current actual discount for the club would be. 4 dollar wiper blades sounds like an incredible deal.

ZJ FSM
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Fk&usp=sharing
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #173
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Thanks man I'll check that out. Anything to save money and put it to more parts or candy right. I sure do love Smarties
YW, LOL, and bet you can't wait for Halloween?

Don't know how far back in this thread you read but you do need to open a free online account and use a credit card for purchases. And the parts need to be in stock at one of the local Advance stores to put in the cart for the codes to work. Unless your order total is over $75 after discounts to be shipped to your home for free. Luckily I have 3-4 Advance stores within 10-12 miles of me and often will make a run for picking in-stock parts up at various stores on the same order.

Oil and some tools don't qualify for the discounts. But I was happy to find a lot of their other fluids, like brake fluid, spray brake cleaner, spray rust-cutter, etc, do qualify for the discounts. I'll use Walmart for oil and ATF while haven't found any lower prices elsewhere.

Good luck!

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #174
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

You can use a guest account too, although later I opened a proper account and they sometimes email me better codes, although most of those codes end up on retailmenot anyway.
It's also nice because they keep records of your purchases which makes returns easier, and makes it easier to remember what parts you got in the past if you need to replace them.
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #175
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yes the portage county discount gives you the best prices for over the counter hard parts like breaks and such. if your going to be buying floor mats and break clean then discount codes from like retailmenot.com is the way to go. i just did a quick look up online comparing the portage county and the best discount code on retail me not. i bought breaks for the front of my jeep last week and paid 80 dollars even. i got the best rotors at 50 dollars a peice and gold pads and i believe there 40. total 140 dollars, retail me not code got it down to 110 i believe. i looked it up about two hours ago. im not lying either on me paying 80. call advance auto and have them tell you. thats a killer deal.
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #176
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
Oil and some tools don't qualify for the discounts. But I was happy to find a lot of their other fluids, like brake fluid, spray brake cleaner, spray rust-cutter, etc, do qualify for the discounts. I'll use Walmart for oil and ATF while haven't found any lower prices elsewhere.

Good luck!
I was in a hurry trying to leave the house a bit ago. I was actually running out to Advance Auto, aint that crazy. Had to get oil to do an oil change on my mothers turbo jetta. shes awsome. shes a country lady, works at the local cracker barrell for 15 years now and at weddings/family functions she clog dances if you knw what that is. haha She drives a 2001 1.8 turbo jetta. Its white and has black powdercoated 18in rims with aggresive looking tracktires. shes got a road trip tuesday and it needed to be done anyways.

back to the discounts and all. basically to sum everything up if your going to be buying Break Cleaner, PB Blaster, Oil, Air filters, Car Wash and Wax, Air fresheners and anything else IN STORE FRONT its best to look up discount codes. If your going to be buying what they call "Hard Parts" like Breaks, Shocks, Tie Rod ends, Shocks and anything else behind the counter its best to use the portage county commercial account. I was just at advance half hour ago and asked about the account. The guy at the counter said that it is at a platinum level wich is the highest the discount can get. Most Parts are 40-50% off like the breaks i bought for the jeep last week but can be upwards of 80% like the wipers i bought. i bought so many LOL.

Oh and Uniblurb. All summer long Advance Auto and Autozone has been having some crazy deals on oil. The deals consist of oil plus oil filter. A 5 Quart jug/1.25 Gallon of lets say pennzoil is 30 dollars. A purolator filter for the jeeps are lets say 9 dollars. Thats 39 dollars but with there sale if you buy the two togather you get it for 22. that crazy. its like you get 25% off the oil and get the filter for free. i was just throwing numbers out there on the oil and filter cost but all the deals are 20-25$. Every week its different to. The deal i just got for the jetta was Valvoline+Fram filter for 21$. Or upgrade filter from junk garbage Fram to Purolator for another dollar. Totalled out to 23 and some change. Also at the counter since i got that combination of oil and filter over there store brand oil+filter deal that was going on also(16$), I got a bottle of octane booster/injector cleaner for a penny. how awsome is that. heck ill take another 100 horsepower for a penny, beats the 20hp sticker in the filter box haha
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #177
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
yes the portage county discount gives you the best prices for over the counter hard parts like breaks and such. if your going to be buying floor mats and break clean then discount codes from like retailmenot.com is the way to go. i just did a quick look up online comparing the portage county and the best discount code on retail me not. i bought breaks for the front of my jeep last week and paid 80 dollars even. i got the best rotors at 50 dollars a peice and gold pads and i believe there 40. total 140 dollars, retail me not code got it down to 110 i believe. i looked it up about two hours ago. im not lying either on me paying 80. call advance auto and have them tell you. thats a killer deal.
Do you have a link which works to the Portage County discount you looked up online because others are saying the one on the first page doesn't work?

To get the best deal using the Advance/RetailMeNot discount codes you have to break your total order up into separate orders using multiple codes. If your 'brake' rotors were $50 each, $100 for 2, you should have used TRT41 which would have given you $40 off $100. And if the order may be $99 throw something small in the cart like one of those little packs of brake grease for just over $1 to get the order up to $100+.

Then for the remaining $40 on your order for the brake pads just use one of the smaller codes like P20 which would have given you 20% off for another $12 in savings. So your total order for $140 split into 2 orders would have $40 off (TRT41) plus $12 off (P20) for a total of $52 in discounts and grand total of $88 plus tax.

I know Advance runs some good discounts on oil plus filter buy I buy my NAPA Gold 1085 filters during NAPA's Spring sale and pay about $4/each. WIX makes Napa filters and they're good ones.

The Valvoline 10W30 regular motor oil at Walmart is under $16 for a 5qt jug. Not sure if this is a 4qt gal jug at Advance where you get a quart less? I also just bought 4 gals of MaxLife Dex/Mercon trans fluid at Walmart for $17/each when this same ATF sells for $26 at Advance. So it pays to shop around for the best deals.

Unread 09-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #178
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Your grand total of 88 is still more then 80.
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #179
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Their website is here

http://www.northeastohio4x4.com/

According to this thread-

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/ne...-ohio-1240050/
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #180
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Your grand total of 88 is still more then 80.
I'm fully aware the total of $88 is more than $80. Was just trying to point out how to split the orders up using multiple Advance codes since I've helped with the thread for the past 1 1/2 years. If the PCJC discounts work for you to get the best deal go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
Thanks for the links JeepNicholson.

Tags
advance auto , discount codes , information , parts

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.