Adustable Track Bar Install info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Adustable Track Bar Install info

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
singleytools
1998 ZJ 

Adustable Track Bar Install info

I have a '98 GC with a 3" lift. I've been trying to get rid of severe DW. Replaced TB, Drag link tie rod end, aligned, advanced tire balance and still had severe DW. Have "tracked" down to TB (again) so I just ordered an adjustable Rubicon RE1600.

My question is what alignment specs are the best for this set-up. Thanks guys...

singleytools is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

What ever makes the axle look like it's centered. Unbolt the TB and use the steering wheel to move the body over the axle until it looks centered then bolt it up. Or you can bounce up and down on the front and shake it side to side and let it settle where it wants. Make sure you are on level ground.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

i apologize, but exactly do you mean by, "alignment specs"?
[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

@3" , stock specs would apply .

What's all done to your jeep , springs or spacers for your 3"s . Any lower control arms ? Did you do the shocks also ?
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
singleytools
1998 ZJ 

Alignment specs: Toe-in, caster, camber. You know, alignment specifications with a 3" lift.
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
singleytools
1998 ZJ 

Spring, shocks, contorl arms. What I did was swap an existing 3" lift off of my '93 ZJ to a '98 ZJ. The one thing I wasn't sure of was if there was an adjustable TB or drop-down bracket on my '93 that wasn't swapped. The '93 is sold and I have been left with a DW from hell. Have to clean the seats every time it happens. Replaced the stock TB with little difference and I'm now going to an adjustable Rubicon and I understand there is no need for a drop-down bracket... I don't have an off-road shop nearby so I'm hoping to give my alignment shop some extra info from you guys.
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

toe-in is always 1/8 - 1/16th toed in.

i believe castor is +- 4 - 7 degrees. trying to match on each side.

camber is not adjustable on a zj

when you installed your new CA's did you torque the bolts at ride height?
[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
3" lift , alignment , death wobble

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.