Adjustable control arms on stock height zj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Adjustable control arms on stock height zj

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
kmk108
1998 ZJ 

Adjustable control arms on stock height zj

I need to take my 3.5 in lift off my zj. I got a set of control arms from IRO that are all adjustable. If I kept the control arms on and lowered the jeep back to stock height, will the arms be able to be adjusted to near stock length, or will they be too long and screw with the alignment?

White Jeep Club Member #108

2009 FA CUP CHAMPIONS

CAREFREE, WHEREVER WE MAY BE
WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC
AND WE DON'T GIVE A F@#K
WHOEVER YOU MAY BE
CUZ WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC
kmk108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

stock lowers are 15.75 on the frt and 17 on the rear IIRC eye to eye . I can't find an old post where I accually measured them . Can't see why it wouldn't work , alignments are adjustable
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Jones
Consider the following...

Why do you need to take the lift off and then put the control arms on? Why not keep it at the same height and add the control arms to your current set up?
Unread 08-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
leofanti
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
Why do you need to take the lift off and then put the control arms on? Why not keep it at the same height and add the control arms to your current set up?
i dont believe he is removing his lift and putting on adjustable control arms, i believe everything is already installed, and he just wants to know when he removes his lift if he can just leave the c-arms on. now my opinion would be, no, you should just send your lift and c arms to me and i can utilize them here in arizona, or you could pull one of the adjustables out, and see how much adjustment there is. if it can be made the same length as stock, well they should work. now, i have seen stock length adjustable control arms, and i have seen long arm adjustable ones. it really just boils down to what can the adjustables do.
leofanti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
kmk108
1998 ZJ 

^ yea thats what i meant. I could have sworn that when I put them on, i compared the arms and they could be adjusted to be the same length.

White Jeep Club Member #108

2009 FA CUP CHAMPIONS

CAREFREE, WHEREVER WE MAY BE
WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC
AND WE DON'T GIVE A F@#K
WHOEVER YOU MAY BE
CUZ WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC
kmk108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
crazydude2500
1993 ZJ 

here is what you do...pull them off ship them to me and ill send you my stock ones...haha j/k i dont think it would mess with the alignment...but it might push the axel forward more...do as said above take one off adjust it all the way down...and compare it to your stocker if you still have them....

green lifted 4.5 w/32's custom front bumper 5.2L
97 xj stock blue tow hooks F&R 4.0L
2004 dodge neon SRT-4
crazydude2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #7
Jones
Consider the following...

FYI - I Just looked through the FAQ and didn't see anything on control arms.
Unread 08-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
Yardman Harry
O

1996 ZJ 

You will be fine. When I put my adjustables on i started them off at stock length... i had the adj next to the stock ca and they were the same length.

But you have to tell us... why are you removing the lift?

I have some stock cas that you could have, you just pay for the shipping

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ed. I6 - 4.0 litre, 4" SL, D44 rear, 4:56 Gears, AA SYE with double cardon custom rear Drive Shaft, IRO Adj CAs, Kevins Rear Adj TB with JOHNNY JOINT end

1999 Mazda Miata MX5 - Jet Black

1990 Jeep Cherokee Sport I6 - 4.0 litre
White
~Junked~
Yardman Harry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.