Shift linkage adjustment is important because it
positions the valve body manual valve. Incorrect adjustment
will cause creeping in Neutral, premature
clutch wear, delayed engagement in any gear, or a
no-start in Park or Neutral position.
(1) Shift transmission into Park.
(2) Raise vehicle.
(3) Release cable adjuster clamp (at transmission
end of cable) to unlock cable .
(4) Unsnap cable from cable bracket (SKIP THIS).
(5) Check transmission shift lever position by moving
it all the way rearward into Park detent.
(6) Verify positive engagement of park lock by attempting
to rotate propeller shaft. Shaft will not rotate
when park lock is engaged.
(7) Snap cable into cable bracket on transmission (SKIP THIS).
(8) Lock shift cable by pressing cable adjuster clamp
down until it snaps into place.
(9) Check engine starting. Engine should start only
in Park and Neutral.
(10) Lower vehicle.
93 ZJ 5.2V8 3.5 iro 31x10.5
08 Silverado 6in lift 35's