Adj tack bar/Disconnects/cel 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Adj tack bar/Disconnects/cel 52

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 05-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Adj tack bar/Disconnects/cel 52

Hi I was wondering what is the best or the exact way to adjust the track bar. I adjusted before I got deployed but when I came how I noticed how its rubbing on the right side.

Also I have jks quick disconnects and I was wondering what is the best high for a 3.5in lift?

I also have a check engine light 52 which is running rich(o2 sensor) and I already have done the following last year.

-doug Thorley cat back exhast
-new o2 sensor
-CAI

A friend told me that it could be my fuel pump pushing too much fuel but I think its my ignition system. What do you guys think?

ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
shackwrrr

I just let the jeep center itself on level ground without the track bar connected then adjusted it to where the bolt slid in.

The disconnects should be about 10-11in long for that amount of lift. stockers are about 7.5in

Subscribed on the 52, I get the same code and I have a new O2 installed. Engine runs normal though with no misfires or anything. I do have what I think is a lack of power but that could be the 32in tires lol.
shackwrrr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

If you need to you can just have someone turn the steering wheel while the TB is disconnected. It will move the body over the axle and then you can adjust it to fit.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
I just let the jeep center itself on level ground without the track bar connected then adjusted it to where the bolt slid in.

The disconnects should be about 10-11in long for that amount of lift. stockers are about 7.5in

Subscribed on the 52, I get the same code and I have a new O2 installed. Engine runs normal though with no misfires or anything. I do have what I think is a lack of power but that could be the 32in tires lol.
Is that from eye hole to eye hole, what distance is that from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
If you need to you can just have someone turn the steering wheel while the TB is disconnected. It will move the body over the axle and then you can adjust it to fit.
I did both of what you guys just said but it seems that it might be a tad bit over because at full turn I get rubing on the coilpad and steering link. Also I get more turns left than right.
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Also what about the cel code 52 and 32?
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
shackwrrr

I figure out my 52 was from a bad purge solenoid. It was stuck open sucking vapors from the tank the whole time. To check it, unplug it and see if the top port can hold vacuum, if it doesn't, the valve is bad.
shackwrrr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
Is that from eye hole to eye hole, what distance is that from?

I did both of what you guys just said but it seems that it might be a tad bit over because at full turn I get rubing on the coilpad and steering link. Also I get more turns left than right.
adjust again. if you're off by a little bit, disconnect, turn the wheel to move the body slightly over the axle, then reconnect.
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
I figure out my 52 was from a bad purge solenoid. It was stuck open sucking vapors from the tank the whole time. To check it, unplug it and see if the top port can hold vacuum, if it doesn't, the valve is bad.
I changed out the whole entire thing last year and it passed smog.
Unread 06-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

just bought the ignition kit from kolak and maybe next week Im going to do the fuel injector mod.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.