adding a subwoofer to the infinity gold system - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > adding a subwoofer to the infinity gold system

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-13-2003, 11:30 PM   #1
jasondew
2004 WJ 

adding a subwoofer to the infinity gold system

did a search--guess what? search didn't find anything cause the search on this board never finds anything.

anyway, i just picked up my 2004 overland. my wrangler is my wheelin' vehicle so my overland is my gear and people hauler. in order to haul people and gear in style i need to add a subwoofer to the audio system. i've built many car audio systems over the years, usually by just replacing everying in the vehicle and adding from there. in this vehicle (with the GPS nav computer) i don't really want to R&R everything that is there just to add some bass i don't really need anyway.

so, does anyone know how to splice into the factory wiring to get a line level signal to send to another amp for a sub? i know it's easy to get a speaker level signal but that will sound like poo.

thanks,

jasondew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2003, 10:09 AM   #2
crash98

they make a low level line converter that you can add on, you see it alot on car where people want to keep their stock stereo but want and amp and subs.
crash98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2003, 11:55 AM   #3
jiggajeeps

Can you get a line level input from the connection to the factory amp?
'04 KJ Sport, '98 5.9 Deep Slate, FIPK2, Mopar ECU, '93 XJ Country, '92 YJ 4.0 5speed
jiggajeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #4
Beachead19

I just went to the Jeep dealer and asked to look through their FSM for a wiring diagram. I have it, but it is of no use to you since you have a WJ.
Kolak Ignition
-----------------------------------------
Beachead19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2003, 08:28 AM   #5
techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachead19
I just went to the Jeep dealer and asked to look through their FSM for a wiring diagram. I have it, but it is of no use to you since you have a WJ.
I have a 98 ZJ, could you scan a copy?
techie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2003, 10:03 AM   #6
Beachead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie
I have a 98 ZJ, could you scan a copy?
Yes I think I can. Its back home so maybe I could do it this weekend. Thats where my scanner is too.
Kolak Ignition
-----------------------------------------
Beachead19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2003, 05:02 PM   #7
crash98

you can't and to the factory amp ( It can't handle it for one) but if you use the inline filter it will let you add an amp and sub(s) if thats what your looking for.
crash98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.