Adding a digital vic? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Adding a digital vic?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #31
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Mine's the original 93 VIC, still works perfectly. Tells me the washer fluid is low and I check, it is and I add some. Tells me the brake light is out and I find a bad bulb. Tells me the oil is low and sure enough it's right below the fill line. The only thing it ever has done was completely die about six months ago. Took it apart and found a bad capacitor. Soldered a new one in and it's been working fine.

zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #32
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Xcaliber, hook up with a fsm for a 93 for a wiring diagram. I'm not familiar with earlier versions of the vic, but a 98 recieves the open door signals from the switch via the ccd bus /bcm.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #33
Lakoswolf
1993 ZJ 

The only issue I've had with the VIC in either 93' I've owned is a bad oil level sensor which I shut up with a resistor, but otherwise it has worked flawlessly. Which is especially nice considering I had to refill my antifreeze for a good month repeatedly on the count of a bad water pump.
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B]93' Grand Wagoneer 5.2[/B][/COLOR]- Dad's
[COLOR="Red"]93' Grand Cherokee 4.0 Ltd. (Deceased)[/COLOR]
Lakoswolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #34
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Hooked up the LOM and I put the vic in and I noticed umong other thing it said I had a rear lamp failure are the pinnouts different if theres no vic? I have no burnt bulbs.
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
leftfield6
Where are my damn keys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
Hooked up the LOM and I put the vic in and I noticed umong other thing it said I had a rear lamp failure are the pinnouts different if theres no vic? I have no burnt bulbs.
Sure about that? It will give you the RLF if your rear side marker lights are burnt out. Easy to overlook those tiny bulbs.

(former) 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo
77 CJ-5
75 CJ-5
leftfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #36
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Oh for sure I checked everything lol took a brick to the brake peddal turned the four ways on as well as the parking lamps and everything lit up.
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #37
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

I blame this thread. Randomly the vic said there was a brake lamp failure. But there isn't.. hhhhhhhhh....

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #38
exmilitary
1998 ZJ 

I would clean the brake light contacts on the truck side. I did find corrosion on the contacts and that changes the resistance values for the vic console, and thus fixing the error massage.
exmilitary is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #39
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

I just got mine working in my 5.9.Found out it was a fuse after 3 weeks of ownership.Wasn't really concerned at it,but I'm on vacation this week and needed something to do.
fljeepney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #40
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Lol so upon replacing my broken tail light i discovered i do have a burnt out tail light so it was telling the truth.
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #41
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

so I changed the bulb and i put in the vic to see if rear lamp failure went out however it did not. Also it told me to check engine oil level but the thing is its actually low how does it know this I've never hooked up any sensors for that?
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #42
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Check to see if there is a sensor in the oilpan. If not it may be a default responce.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #43
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I know for sure there's no sensor in the oil pan ok then ill throw that out as a default response then.
Unread 08-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #44
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

It was on some early jeeps, I can;t remember what years.

Unread 08-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #45
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

My 93 has the oil level sensor. RockAuto sells the oil pan with the sensor hole and the sensor: if you have the pigtail hanging there you could easily add that sensor.
zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.