adding 2 inches to a sagged lift. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > adding 2 inches to a sagged lift.

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread Today, 10:42 AM   #1
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

adding 2 inches to a sagged lift.

So I bought a 4 inch rough country lift a few years back and it has sagged quite a bit over the years and me abusing it don't help much. So I'm sitting at about 3 inches now on 33-13.50r15 swampers I don't have much of an issue but if I take my jks discos off I rub at full flex and I have my fenders trimmed pretty far up.now I picked up a 2 inch budget boost for 20 bucks so I wanna throw em on to sit where I originaly wanted hopefully about 5 inches I'm running rough country long arms in the rear and rough country adjustable short lowers up front and stock uppers. I have an adjustable track bar and jks discos my front drive shaft is already an inch to long but my rear may be to short. I know a lot of people complain about adding spacers to a lift but I'm not looking for 6 or 8 inches just a bit to fix the sag without spending a fortune. I can always put a transfer case drop on it and just build a skid plate. If there's anything I'm missing please let me know my brake lines are already very long please don't be a dick I know most people are about this subject I don't wanna get new coils I don't wanna order a new lift and I know I can get 5.5 coils for 160 I just wanna know what I will need to put the 2 inch spacers on my sagged 4 inch lift which it pretty much 3 inches now. I can always trade the 2 inch spacers for 1 inch spacers either way I'll be OK spending maybe 200 since I have to spend all my money rebuilding both axles from top to bottom.

93ZJDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 10:55 AM   #2
kodenz
1997 ZJ 

I'm assuming your shocks are for a 4in lift not a 5 inch lift. Not to offend but that sounds like quiet the frankenlift haha. Anyways if you don't care about all the people that are going to bark and complain I suggest screw it try it any ways. Or just get those one inch spacers, if your current lift was working at 4in, then stay at 4in.
And don't do a tcase drop. Waste of money.

sent from: somewhere
Unread Today, 11:30 AM   #3
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

That's how I felt about the t case drop that would be a last resort my shochs are like 6 years old so I need new ones so if I go to 5 I'll need shocks most likely but honestly as easy as it is to drop a coil out of the rear I'm gonna stuff the blocks in the rear and see what happens. As far as frankenlift its all rough country but my rear control are brackets ripped off the unibody with the stock short arms so I needed long arm to save my jeep I was not going to junk a factory 5 speed zj so I had to save it. I had front long arm to but here the guy that gave it to me as payment for a work I did it was stolen so I gave it back to the police so lost the front portion of the long arm.
93ZJDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 11:40 AM   #4
Bear304inc
1998 ZJ 

If you go with 1" spacers, and wanna sell the 2"s pm me. Also just wondering how you found out the Long arm was stolen? You did the right thing but just wondering.
Bear304inc is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.