Accidentally dumped 5w-30 in the ZJ...Change? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Accidentally dumped 5w-30 in the ZJ...Change?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 11-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #31
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

It cost me less than 40$ to do an oil change on my jeep. And I do it at my dads shop on his hoist and he takes care of the oil too.

xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #32
porrsher
1994 ZJ 

There should be a ban on the word "kewl" on this forum and a jeep owner pledge not to use that word....

I generally use 10w30 and recently started substituting a quart of oil for Lucas oil.
161k Bone Stock
2008 Black JK Sahara Unlimited (Love it!)
porrsher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #33
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

telling someone not to say a word is like an invite and is the reason everybody is saying it.
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #34
DRUMatthias
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
telling someone not to say a word is like an invite and is the reason everybody is saying it.
THIS
DRUMatthias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #35
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
It cost me less than 40$ to do an oil change on my jeep. And I do it at my dads shop on his hoist and he takes care of the oil too.
$40?!??!??

I can get the oil and Purolator Pure One filter from Advance for 21.99 when its on sale, which is like every week. I don't put my Jeep up on a hoist either, just leave it on the driveway, and it takes me 20 mins at the most. I think you're paying too much. Aren't most JiffyLube oil changes around $20?
RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #36
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

The govt regulates the oil here so every one pays the same. And I said LESS than 40$ and we dont have a jiffy lube my caliber was 20-25 $ for 5 liters of oil and roughly 10 $ for the filter.
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #37
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

and that was for 5w 20 which is i believe more than 10w 30
Unread 11-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #38
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMatthias View Post
You got it straight. I choose to let someone else do it. Cheaper to pay for it to get done than the cost of materials alone for me here. Told ya it's weird but it's how I've rolled for years. Don't think I've changed oil myself in about 7 years or so.
guess that makes sense. occasionally we get a coupon from Mopar for my mom's patriot for a 20 buck oil change and tire rotation, so we just let the dealer do it.
Unread 11-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #39
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoldGold View Post
Aren't most JiffyLube oil changes around $20?
theyre so cheap because sometimes they forget to put new oil in

WARNING: theres some "bad" language in the video
Unread 11-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #40
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
The govt regulates the oil here so every one pays the same. And I said LESS than 40$ and we dont have a jiffy lube my caliber was 20-25 $ for 5 liters of oil and roughly 10 $ for the filter.
Oh sorry, didn't realize you weren't USA. Guess that explains it.
RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #41
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Yea. Ive never seen oil go on sale here ever and its still cheaper to change it myself then for someone else to do it.
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #42
DRUMatthias
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
guess that makes sense. occasionally we get a coupon from Mopar for my mom's patriot for a 20 buck oil change and tire rotation, so we just let the dealer do it.
Yeah, the avg. oil change runs me $27 I believe, with a coupon. I do almost everything else myself, so it's nice to take a break with the small stuff. I own a filter wrench but don't even have an oil drip pan Used to borrow them when I did it myself.

I will say, when you lose oil to the degree I do on occasion (especially during hotter months), it makes it very easy to tell when oil is put in by an oil jockey at a Firestone or JLube, as the dipstick reads well above add & is nice n honey colored when done I've even sharpied my filter before just to make sure it got changed with a new one. Never had a problem but a supervisor would get a ****ing earful if I ever ran into someone trying to cheat me on an oil change.
The place in town that one chooses to go can make an impact in how the work is handled
DRUMatthias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.