AC Vent Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AC Vent Question

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 07-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
webibeay
2004 KJ Liberty 

AC Vent Question

Hey Folks -

I have a question... I've owned my '98 ZJ now for about a year. One of the last things which I've needed to fix was my AC. I took it to my local repair shop, and come to find out - all it needed was a charge, supposedly the system had no leaks etc...

So now -

The good: It's cold enough for penguins inside this truck...

The Bad: Every time I turn on the AC, I get a cloud of dust and some sort of crap coming out of the vents! I mean it's literally raining crap all over the truck. I run it for a bit and it goes away until the next time I come out and turn on the AC... and then we have the dust bomb again!

The air filter and housing are all clean (I replaced it about 5k ago).

Any thoughts? Do the ZJ's have a cabin air filter separate from the one on the engine? The previous owner was a chain smoking slob, and it's taken me just about the whole year to get the damned thing back to as close as factory spotless as I can for a 13 year old truck...

2012 Ford Fusion Sport
webibeay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
dundee23
1996 ZJ 

its alot of work but i would remove the dash and clean the duct work out
dundee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
webibeay
2004 KJ Liberty 

I agree... but was hoping not to have to-do that....

I take it there's no in-cabin filter that would just cure this?
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
webibeay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

The zj has no cabin air filter stock, give me 5 minutes and I'll see about wrangling down the write up on a custom one.

The mesh you see next to the wipers, that's where the cabin air comes through, that's about as fine a filtering as you get stock.

Edit: Linkie.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.

Last edited by TheHalfWit; 07-09-2011 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: Linkie time
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.