AC question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AC question.

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
davidtownsend
1994 ZJ 

AC question.

My AC won't come on. I've searched and found out that if you jump the switch it will run on full. I did that at first and it ran. Then it suddenly stopped. So I jumped the AC compressor relay and it kicked back on. Filled it to the proper level and put the relay back on and nothing happened. I think I might have to replace the high pressure switch. The relay is working. I switched it with my fuel pump relay. I will switch the switch and if it doesn't come on then I'll take it to the AC shop. Just wondering if anyone went through this problem and could help me out a little.

Unread 04-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
a70eliminator

What do you mean by filled it to the proper level? When you jumper the low pressure safety be aware that your compressor is not getting proper lubrication as refrigerant carries the oil, so you only jumper as a quick test and you absolutely don't want to leave the jumper there for more than a couple seconds.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
davidtownsend
1994 ZJ 

I put an ounce of pag oil in and a little 134a before I jumped it. Then filled it the test of the way up.
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
a70eliminator

Ok well without guage pressures or being able to touch feel and listen anything is just a wild guess, my guesss is your either low on charge, overcharged, or noncondensables (air) is present from incomplete evacuation and or leaks in system. Sorry airconditioning is tough one to diagnose.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
davidtownsend
1994 ZJ 

Thanks man. I might take it to the shop and say the hell with it. I'll have then evac the system and recharge it. I might order a new switch and put that on there before so it doesn't cost me to much.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.