AC only blowing through defrost vents - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AC only blowing through defrost vents

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 07-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
Higgins
1998 ZJ 

In my case, all the vacuum lines under the hood are in good condition, and the vacuum tank hold preasure now!

My problem is with either the controller, or a vacuum line under the dash.

I used a rubber vacuum plug and plugged the AC vacuum port under the hood, now the vacuum line holds a steady 17 In Lbs.............

In the interum, I ran another vacuum line from a spare vacuum port on the manifold (drivers side), thru the drivers fender, thru the large rubber gasket for the door electrical stuff. Then I removed the vacuum line to the actuator above the gas petal, and voila, the AC now goes to the dash vents.

Note, I added an inline shut-off valve (i.e. used on fish tanks) so if i needed to switch back to defrost, all I needed to do was to close the valve.

This now allows me to use the jeep, and give me time as to find the real problem in the dash board!

Cheers!

AL

Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
Higgins
1998 ZJ 

Turned out the vacuum line in the car was broken, replaced!

AL
Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.