AC Leaking inside and swamping my jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AC Leaking inside and swamping my jeep

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 05-31-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
mrsholdenfarms

AC Leaking inside and swamping my jeep

Already drilled the hole to clean out the drain, several times and blew it out with compressor. Think the first tech drilled all the way through the housing causing a hole in the back. After INDEPTH researching I think the seal between the drain and firewall is bad. So i removed it used plumbers putty, that was the wrong choice. And spent all day removing the plumbers putty. Finally decided on a woman's fix it and caulked the stew out of it. Worked for a few days. But my husband drives my jeep with ac on full blast. I think the caulk didn't dry throughly the water collected and kept it wet to the point that if finally caused a pocket of water and finally blew. Removed all the caulking. Am thinking of using something like RTV sealant i read on another sight and attempt to caulk the stew out of it and try to let it dry throughly. At this time i don't have the $1200.00 to have the dash removed just to take care of a $25.00??? seal. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Am at my wits end and have started graying.

mrsholdenfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #2
nwfjarhead
1998 ZJ 

i think i have th same issue. i am also standing by
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
nwfjarhead
1998 ZJ 

***bump***
Unread 06-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
jimjam515

I damaged the housing by drilling and tried all the different caulks available but none worked, in the end I pulled the heater box again, replaced the lower housing with a good used one, replaced the firewall seal, fitted a short length of heater hose to throw the drain further into the chassis rail and refitted it all, no problem since and is probably the only fail safe way to guarantee sucess.

Not the news you want but it does work!

Regds, Mark
jimjam515 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.