AC leak in my ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AC leak in my ZJ

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
1997 ZJ 

AC leak in my ZJ

I am beyond pissed at this point. The AC works great, no complaint abut that. I have told the people in my house do not use the AC in my car, but no one ****ing listens. The AC drain is not clogged. I drilled a hole where everyone says to drill and there was no blockage. I do not know what to do at this point. I feel like crying and punching my ZJ in the face. Its hot and I am so sick of working on this problem. Please any answers regarding this problem would be a great help.

203948576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
1997 ZJ 

BTW my ZJ has 300k miles
203948576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Is there any refrigerant in the system? The clutch won't engage if there isn't. That was my problem when I bought my ZJ.

Could also be a bad compressor or leaking line somewhere or a damaged condensor. Buy a can of the refrigerant with the green dye and you will know exactly where it's leaking if it is.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

I think he's saying that the floor is wet. His air works fine.

Do a search on "wet floor" and look at some of the solutions with pics.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

How do you know if therer was no blockage ? The blockage could be draining but slowely.. Get a metal coat hangar and put in the hole and push it up and down into the dash (youll hear the hangar in the dash)... Pull it out and I bet youll get a bunch of leaves and stuff.. Then after your done get a rubber plug.. They sell small plugs that will fit that hole in lowes or home depot at the plumbing section. Then get some 5300M Marine sealant from home depot (lowes doesn't sell it) and squirt it all around the drain tube against the firewall because there is a foam seal there between the firewall and the tube that is where its leaking from .. So use a good amount of that marine sealant around that and use some for the plug too. Let it dry overnight.. (the stuff is kinda runny so use ur fingers or whatever to keep it from running down for a few minutes.)

Then when your done turn the a/c on and let it run and I bet it wont be leaking anymore.. Now all you have to do is dry the carpet out really good... Get a knife.. cut the plastic on the bottom of the carpet in slits and pull ALL the plastic off the foam.. Trust me if you don't the foam will NEVER dry
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfrog View Post
I think he's saying that the floor is wet. His air works fine.

Do a search on "wet floor" and look at some of the solutions with pics.
Read his post completely wrong. :
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #7
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

Ill get some pictures of my 4.0 when my mom comes home so I show you how I sealed mine up
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.