AC Help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AC Help

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

raven=crow carrion = dead animals,lol, sorry.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
RaevynCarrion
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
raven=crow carrion = dead animals,lol, sorry.
Oh, the name. Lol. Well, the second half is taken from a book, and the first half just kind of became my online presence when I was really into gaming a few years back
RaevynCarrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
RaevynCarrion
1996 ZJ 

Okay guys, so I ordered the drier and should be doing the work soon. My question now is do I get it evacuated, replace the parts, then charge it or replace the parts, evacuate, then charge.
RaevynCarrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

If you've had a hole in your condenser, then all the refrigerant is already gone. You will want to flush each component (Condenser, Evaporator Core, Compressor, and all lines not attached to the receiver/drier) before replacing your receiver/drier. Also, its a good idea to pick up an assortment of A/C o-rings from the local parts store and replace them all. Once that is done, you will need to have the system placed under vacuum, which will do a couple of things:

1- Checks for any other leaks
2- Helps pull any junk, left over flush or moisture out of the system

At that point your system is ready for a new oil and refrigerant charge.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.