Ac/heater issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Ac/heater issue

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 11-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
pmillz09
1994 ZJ 

Ac/heater issue

Since I finally fixed my engine issues now it's time to work on this problem. Randomly 1 day about 3 months ago my heater and ac decided to stop working. Not entirely stop but it has to be on max blower and no matter what setting you have for which vents it only blows from the front vents. Makes it take a long time defrost the windshield in the morning. Has anyone had this problem or know what to look at? I'm dumbfounded on this one...

pmillz09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
WJ4x4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmillz09 View Post
Since I finally fixed my engine issues now it's time to work on this problem. Randomly 1 day about 3 months ago my heater and ac decided to stop working. Not entirely stop but it has to be on max blower and no matter what setting you have for which vents it only blows from the front vents. Makes it take a long time defrost the windshield in the morning. Has anyone had this problem or know what to look at? I'm dumbfounded on this one...
The system runs on vacuum to start off, just to get you an idea of where I am going with this. You have small vacuum lines w/ a "check valve" that runs from your intake manifold into the cab and this is what and how the sub-assembly works on. You can start by checking there at the lines in the engine bay, and see if they are disconnected or rotted away. Some lines with can be disconnected or clogged up inside the cab behind the dash, where the blend door may sometimes starts to act up and cause issues like the one you have now.
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
pmillz09
1994 ZJ 

I haven't had a chance to check all that stuff yet but I had something interesting happen this morning. After I turned the jeep off the blower wouldn't turn off I had to pull the fuse. First time this has happened
Unread 11-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
pmillz09
1994 ZJ 

Just found out another interesting thing. With the blower fuse out I can't start the jeep... But this is only coming out I think because of the cold weather I'm in currently. I'll know more when I get back to home but any ideas on this??
Unread 12-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

There's an electrical connector under the glove box that tends to become loose and/or melt. Check it. It's easy to find and located near front center under the glove box.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.