ABS problems??1995 ZJ Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ABS problems??1995 ZJ Grand Cherokee

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
ombus
1995 ZJ 

ABS problems??1995 ZJ Grand Cherokee

Just got done putting new calipers,pads, rotors all the way around. Blew out the brake lines and replaced all fluids. The truck runs perfect then about 30 miles it seems the brakes seize up all of sudden. The truck seems to slow down. When I turn the truck off for about 30 seconds I hear the brakes releaseing pressure. Then it goes fine for another 24-30 miles. And does it again?? Any Ideas?? I got a new ABS computer on the way.

Unread 04-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Were there deep divots worn into the steering knuckles at the brake pad contact points. This is common and can cause the pad to hang up and not properly release. If you suspect that the ABS system is somehow causing issues, just pull the relay.
durango-bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

What do you mean "hear the brakes releasing pressure"?
Are all calipers sticking, or only one or two?
How did you, "blow out the lines"?

Abs systems don't really do what you're describing.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.