ABS light on 1998 Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ABS light on 1998 Grand Cherokee

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
grapeman

ABS light on 1998 Grand Cherokee

Just purchased a 1998 Grand Cherokee. 113,00 miles. The abs light was on. Ran a code and it said pump failure. Determined pump motor was not running. Checked fuses, both good. Took motor off of pump and it was kinda hard to turn. Rotated it by hand a few times and it freed up. Put current to it and it ran fine. Put it back on the pump and no go. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

grapeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
waarp8nt
1995 ZJ 

Check to see if there is power and ground going to the motor. You may have to have a helper pump the brakes as you check for power and ground.
waarp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
chrisbean
1998 ZJ 

This MAy not work for you, did for me though.Not even sure if it had anything to do with ABS but my light came on one day after I did my front brakes. It would go off and on over the next 2 years. I never checked any codes or anyhting since they seem to work fine. Then I did my rear brakes and decieded to do the parking brake to since I had it for 5 years. After I di the park/rear brakes and tightened up the park linkage the light went of? (at the time it had stayed on for about 5 months straight). Not sure IF that helped it or not but it seemed to work for me.
chrisbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.