ABS delete? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ABS delete?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

ABS delete?

How much more braking would i gain from the removal of the abs. When im talking removal, i say everything. The pump, module, sensors the works. What would the best way to remove the crap from the engine bay, and plumb new lines?

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

Plumbing new lines can be a PITA. The brakes won't perform much better without it. I've deleted several abs setups in our race cars and replaced most with factory non abs lines but plumbed some myself. None of them really gained much. They had slightly better feel at the limit but power and capacity remained about the same. In a jeep feel at the limit isnt as important and the weight savings won't do much. I'm not sure if the jeep system is split in the abs motor or not but most are. If not you need to look into a proportioning valve as well.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Why not just pull the fuse for the pump if you don't want the ABS. Should have the same effect as removing everything, shouldn't it?
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Zachs
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What do you plan on gaining? ABS doesn't kick in until you're past a certain speed anyway and even then, I've yet to see it not help. And I'm a huge fan of non-ABS systems.
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

Some systems are horrible and honestly add stopping distance, I haven't really had to use the abs on the jeep so I'm not sure how well it works. I don't have the same requirements though for it as I do with the race cars.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #6
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

I am going to get in trouble one of these days for posting other sites but just trying to be helpful

This is my plan
ABS System Delete - MallCrawlin.com Forums
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Im looking to gain whatever better braking i can. And clearing up room in the engine bay. Who has done this and how much did you gain? braking wise

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.