ABS Acceleration sensor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ABS Acceleration sensor?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCHASSIS SAVERô Labor Day 2 for 1 Sale!!!JKS Flex Connect in Actions!

Unread 06-01-2015, 10:07 AM   #1
BenHoleton
1995 ZJ 

ABS Acceleration sensor?

My ABS light is on. Told the dealership to scan it when I got my free hitch installed. They came back with 2 problems: One, front driver speed sensor. Easy fix. Other one: Acceleration sensor. They said that part isn't available any more. I can't find an acceleration sensor in the FSM. I find an acceleration switch, but can't really tell where it's located. It appears off the ECU, but the diagram isn't the greatest. Is that what they are talking about? Where exactly are they located?

BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
BenHoleton
1995 ZJ 

Also, is it the same part on the 5.2L as the 4.0L?
Unread 06-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

It's listed in the parts catalog as "accelerator switch", P/N 56006315AB. It's showing as still available - or at least, *not* showing as discontinued - at my go-to Mopar parts discounters. Looks like it'll run you about $75 online.

Yes, it's the same part for both engine sizes.

As to location, I believe it's somewhere under the carpet. You won't find it in the FSM, it's only covered in the separate ABS diagnostic manual. I have the 1993 ABS manual, but I don't think that will help you because they'd changed the ABS supplier by 1995.

EDIT - plug that part number into eBay and there are loads of them for sale.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
BenHoleton
1995 ZJ 

Great. Thanks. I don't have a parts catalog, so I couldn't find that. I can get one for $17 on eBay, used but work. So not bad. Rear seat? Under the carpet? Any ideas?
Unread 06-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #5
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton View Post
I don't have a parts catalog, so I couldn't find that
Check your PMs...
Unread 06-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

I just checked my 1993 ABS manual, and the G switch (same thing as the accelerator switch) is located under the rear seat. That matches with the general diagram in the 94-96 parts catalog (the specific location of the switch is not pointed out in the catalog).

At the risk of telling you something you already know, the switch should be installed with the arrow on the casing pointing towards the front of the Jeep.
Unread 06-01-2015, 02:21 PM   #7
BenHoleton
1995 ZJ 

Thanks. I assumed that the arrow went that way. Good to have confirmation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.