? about kevins sliderz on a wj with claytons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ? about kevins sliderz on a wj with claytons

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-16-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
wjman
2000 WJ 

? about kevins sliderz on a wj with claytons

do any of you have a wj with clayton long arms and also have a set of kevins sliderz, I am thinking of getting a set and wondering how to put them on since claytons kit has the peice you put on the unibody, and that is how kevins sliderz mount.

Originally Posted by 10achik
Complete...ahh to be young and nieve again
They are never complete, just when you think you got it done, there is always something else to do to it, it never ends.
wjman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
nierace
2003 WJ 

They should fit, I believe kevins sliders mount b the stock ca mount in front, and close to the rear in back, shouldnt interfere with the LA brackets.
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Trusty

I had them on my last WJ, and I had to notch a little out (both F&R) on the brackets that mount to the unibody.
2000 WJ 4.0- 6"Claytons-34's & 4:56- SOLD
2001 WJ 4.7- Limited-3" IRO-255/75/17 BFG MT-SOLD
2007 WK 4.7-OME HD-265/70/17 Duratracs on Rubi's
Trusty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
lbrty9
1999 WJ 

It'll work. When I put my Sliderz on initially, I moved the mounting tabs out some, so they fit a little better. When I put on the Clayton's, I think I had to notch a small piece of the back mount where it slides up against the frame so it cleared the subframe rail, but it wasn't too bad.

Sliderz install write-up at http://members.cox.net/lbrty9/Sliderz.htm

99 GC, 4.7, 6" Clayton's LA, 315/75/R16's, FIPK, 3 inch Kolak exhaust, VIAIR 450 OBA, front ARB with Warn HS9500, Kevin's Sliderz, full skids, SURCO, Hi-Lift, Xenon's with Kolak harness, more to follow.
lbrty9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.