about to go higher... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > about to go higher...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
SoCalDevyn
1998 ZJ 

about to go higher...

hey guys, well ima start taking weekend trips with a group of friends hittin up some off road spots but i want to lift the jeep higher b4. im at about 2.5" as of now on 31's and im looing to go to 4" on the stock arms for now which i know most do not recomend but i will swap them out for adjustables later on.

as of now, ima buy the 3.5" IRO coils and put my stock front ones to the rear, basically a f>r set up. i already have the front and rear adjustable trac bars so im good there. ima throw about a .5" spacer all the way around to sit me at about 4" and i want to go to 33's

heres the list of thing im buying, wanna make sure i got it all:
-3.5" IRO coils
-Rustys front disco's
-IRO extended rear links
-longer bump stops front and rear(which ones to get that will be good with 33's?)

and what about extended brake lines? are they needed?
for shocks i was going to run the ones i got now till i end up rippin em apart

what do u guys think?
thanks

98 ZJ Limited 5.2, Blacked Out, 6.5" IRO Long Arm, 15x8 Pro Comp 97's, 35" MTZ's, Custom Front Bumper, Rusty's Disco's, KOR Light Bar, 8000K HID's, Magnaflow, CB, 5% Tint, System, TJ Gas Bezel, JKS Rear Trac Bar, Rusty's Front Trac Bar, KOR Stabilizer, Cold Air Intake, E-Fan, RCX Diff Guard, Clayton Brake Lines, MSD Ignition, Gen Right Louvers, Custom Sliders, IRO Belly Skid, Rigid Lights
SoCalDevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
SoCalDevyn
1998 ZJ 

so im looking around and i might pic up some shocks since rustys has their 4" of lift shocks for $132 which seems pretty good.

what do u guys think? im piecing this kit together so i might order the 4 rustys shocks and disco's for about $200. then in a week or two order the coils and extended links
98 ZJ Limited 5.2, Blacked Out, 6.5" IRO Long Arm, 15x8 Pro Comp 97's, 35" MTZ's, Custom Front Bumper, Rusty's Disco's, KOR Light Bar, 8000K HID's, Magnaflow, CB, 5% Tint, System, TJ Gas Bezel, JKS Rear Trac Bar, Rusty's Front Trac Bar, KOR Stabilizer, Cold Air Intake, E-Fan, RCX Diff Guard, Clayton Brake Lines, MSD Ignition, Gen Right Louvers, Custom Sliders, IRO Belly Skid, Rigid Lights
Unread 10-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Jones
Consider the following...

I don't think anyone sells a .5" spacer. Kevin's Offroad sells a 1" spacer (I have them on my jeep) and a .375" spacer. JK, TJ, WJ, ZJ, XJ, MJ, WK, XK, KJ - Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler Accessories by KevinsOffroad.com

For 33's and 4.5" lift I'd recommend 8 adjustable control arms. The stock control arms will be bumpy and will cause driveline vibrations. Yes on the extended brake lines and also make sure you buy shocks for a 4.5" lift not 3.5".
Unread 10-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
SoCalDevyn
1998 ZJ 

thanks for the reply ZJones, i will check out the spacer link u posted. i noticed i havent seen any .5" spacers myself, smallest being a .75" ive seen. the rustys shocks say for 4-5" of lift on their site so those will work out.
i would love to go long arm but since money isnt on my tree's right now ima jus work on getting the adj short arm set's at a time and i will do all 8 eventually than. i will deal with the stock arms for the time being and since the jeep is no longer my daily i should b ok

any extented brake lines ud recomend, i looked at IRO and rustys ofcourse but what should i go with that has a good price per pair or even the whole set front/back?
Unread 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Jones
Consider the following...

I have the rubicon express brake lines. I actually ripped a brake line off while wheeling and got the Rubicon express lines from KOR's shop. I'd order whatever brake lines Kolak recommends, he's always very good with pricing and customer service.
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
SoCalDevyn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
I have the rubicon express brake lines. I actually ripped a brake line off while wheeling and got the Rubicon express lines from KOR's shop. I'd order whatever brake lines Kolak recommends, he's always very good with pricing and customer service.
thats right, i totaly forgot about Kolak and his great deals i hear about. i think im going to have to give him a call before i order anything. tomorrow im going to check my garage clearence since im pretty close as is(apartment complex with under ground garage)
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

It's really your call but on stock arms you cannot set your pinion or caster angles so you won't be able to get it aligned correctly and it will handle like garbage. You might just want to run your 31's until you get the arms so you won't have to trim that much as well.
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
SoCalDevyn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virmagicus View Post
It's really your call but on stock arms you cannot set your pinion or caster angles so you won't be able to get it aligned correctly and it will handle like garbage. You might just want to run your 31's until you get the arms so you won't have to trim that much as well.
oh yea that was my plan, to run the 31's till they were done. about 40% left on em now. cause ive got some experience with alignment stuff (current UTI student) and know the stock arms will not allow the proper or enough adjustment needed. also yess the trimming would require more if i tryed to stuff some 33's on there now.
Unread 10-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
SoCalDevyn
1998 ZJ 

hey guys, well im about to order some brake lines but wanted to ask if i need front and rear or only front cause i know how the front lines r run but never really looked at the back but i know it runs down the center or somethin like that so i only need one line correct if an extended one at all for the bac?

and for bumpstops, will these be a good legnth?
Rustys Offroad: Bump Stops - Front (XJ,TJ,ZJ)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.