About to buy SkyJacker N8000 [ZJ-GC] - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > About to buy SkyJacker N8000 [ZJ-GC]

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
cherokeen
2001 WJ 

About to buy SkyJacker N8000 [ZJ-GC]

About to buy SkyJacker N8000's, good idea or nah?
I've been told it gives a budget boost of up to 3" and can allow 31x10.50 tyres but have also heard this is BS.
I'm only new to Jeeps, coming from an XJ and previously a Explorer XLT (P.O.S.) but can shocks give any lift what so ever? or am i being a dumb f***?

cheers everyone.

cherokeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Don't buy them, Skyjacker is **** and that is putting it nicely. If you want more lift you need more than just the shocks since they don't provide any lift.

The shocks IRO sells are ok from what I hear, MX6 are better, Bilsteins even better. It all depends on which lift you decide on.

to a fellow Canadian
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
ajmorell

Shocks can't give you any lift. The length of them might be suitable for a lifted vehicle but shocks aren't load supporting so there's no way to get an increase in ride height.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.